• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished My Resignation

Jonatanknalle

Artist
Artist
Credits
XP
Hello people of MCME!

As you may be aware I have been active for a long time, I joined back in april 2018 and I would consider myself to have been active ever since. MCME has been a part of my life for more than a year now and it has been a truly amazing journey.

Recently many of you may have noticed my inactivity and complete absence from doing my tasks. I would like to explain the multiple reasons for this and why I have made this decision.

• The main reason for this is school, compared to last year these 3 coming years are very important and will have a direct impact on the rest of my entire life, therefore I have been putting a lot of time and effort into school to maintain my grades. This has compared to last year which has left me with much less time and energy.
  • The other reason is that I don’t enjoy MCME as much as I used to, being active for more than a year becomes very repetitive and I no longer get the same feeling out of the game as I used to, and in fact I have been building more modern builds in vanilla lately since I have been building in our medieval style for far too long. All this has led me to focusing much more on my social life in my free time which I have greatly enjoyed.
  • The last reason is that MCME is a distraction, already last year I noticed how I put less time into other stuff due to MCME but back then it wasn’t a problem, now with new expectations from school I have since long been wondering how I will deal with MCME and this is something I have tried to decide about for a long time.
When I started as an adventurer I was amazed by the amazing community on here and getting to learn it as I progressed through the ranks was fantastic, getting artist was one of my happiest moments on this server in fact I probably enjoyed mcme the most as an artist, which is why I hope to resign to artist again. I am very happy to have been a part of this truly amazing community and I hope to be able to join it in the future again. The people I have met, the relations I have built and the memories I have gotten will always remain special to me which has made this decision very hard to do. Of course I will check on here from time to time and hopefully keep building a little but not with the same activity as I used to. I think it would be best if I resigned from my position as I am no longer able to fulfill what I need to do. As many of my tasks are important to the server it would be much better if other people took care of them.

Here is a list of tasks that need to be taken over and how I think they should be handled:

• Foreman Assistant: This is probably the most important one of them all hence I begin with it. It is a big task to be handled covering many aspects of the community but mainly of course maintaining the foremen on the server. Although I will not disclose more information about how this matter will be handeled.
  • Secondly we have my role in the publishing team along with soarz in the MCME times, for this position I would like @_Lord_Of_Squids_ to take the role if he would like to, he has been very reliable and dedicated in the times team already and in my opinion he would probably be the best fit, he also is american like soarz which would help in communications which is something me and soarz struggled with a lot.
  • As for me I would like to go back to artist along with the minigame-, voxel- and full world edit badge and keep my halls/caves by the west gate to be able to work on when I have time.

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

“I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”

“Deep roots are not reached by the frost.”

“Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.”

"Darkness must pass
A new day will come
And when the sun shines
It will shine out the clearer"

“Never laugh at live dragons”

-J.R.R. TOLKIEN

I would like to thank you all for the wonderful time I have had on this server and I wish you good luck in the future! (also start mordor)
Goodbye and farewell!

-Jona

Last edited:
Hörni Jonatan,

I'd like to thank you for your dedication to MCME for such a long time. You did a great job as an artist, a foreman, foreman assistant and designer. You're one of the few people that worked in both Moria and Gondor at a high level and one of the best builders on MCME. You won the battle for the most discord badges and above all deserved them... mostly. I enjoyed (almost) every chat we had in voice channels and hope you will continue being a genuine Swedish meatball.

o/ *sniff*

Jona

Of all the people I toured in 2018 when Keralis released his video, 2 names stuck out from the beginning. Yours was one of them. I could never have imagined when I lead you and Ober around Lothlorien how much you would both be dominating presences in the present and future of MCME.

From the start you've been a treasure. I have not known a person like you before or since.

You've been a brilliant Foreman, brilliant Designer, brilliant Assistant and most of all, a brilliant friend

I'll miss you, your light hearted chats and your good humour. Your aimable personality and hard head.

Best of luck old space dolphin, I'm happy you will be remaining as an artist. Do say hello sometimes, we'll welcome you back with open arms and a smile.

Until then, lycka till!

Hörni Jonatan,

I'd like to thank you for your dedication to MCME for such a long time. You did a great job as an artist, a foreman, foreman assistant and designer. You're one of the few people that worked in both Moria and Gondor at a high level and one of the best builders on MCME. You won the battle for the most discord badges and above all deserved them... mostly. I enjoyed (almost) every chat we had in voice channels and hope you will continue being a genuine Swedish meatball.

o/ *sniff*
Thanks bart, it really means a lot to me. Being in a voice chat with you was always fun such as learning your extensive vocabulary of hm’s and hmp’s and hearing you critizise other builds the way only you can. I wish you luck in the coming future of MCME! And please continue being the fantastic bart we all know and love!

Last edited:
Jona

Of all the people I toured in 2018 when Keralis released his video, 2 names stuck out from the beginning. Yours was one of them. I could never have imagined when I lead you and Ober around Lothlorien how much you would both be dominating presences in the present and future of MCME.

From the start you've been a treasure. I have not known a person like you before or since.

You've been a brilliant Foreman, brilliant Designer, brilliant Assistant and most of all, a brilliant friend

I'll miss you, your light hearted chats and your good humour. Your aimable personality and hard head.

Best of luck old space dolphin, I'm happy you will be remaining as an artist. Do say hello sometimes, we'll welcome you back with open arms and a smile.

Until then, lycka till!
Tackar Raffy!
To be honest I don’t know if I was on that lorien tour but it was probably a great tour, it has been pleasure to be a part of this wonderful community with you Lord_Rafox and until I come back please stay goat!

#YouCantSpellPelargirWithoutGoat

Oh damn... I'm late to this! A lot of the stuff that has been said I wish I would've came up with first... all I can say now is: I was never more satisfied with an assistants work, I never actually thought you would finish the DA docks, there is no proof that you won the badge battle, you always managed to impress me as a builder and I've always been fearing this moment. But of course life takes priority and I hope once life gives you a break again you'll remember and come bless us with your sweedish accent once more!

Jona it has been a genuine pleasure working and building with you, i wish you the very best of luck in school and in all you endeavours. Just remember if you put in the same effort you did as an artist, assistant and staff im general you will do well in life. You better come on disc from time to time!
P.s
I will not forget the "Hörni" incidence any time soon. :D

Jona! My favorite meatball/Swede,
I just want to thank you for your time, and I will always fondly remember us building together, and you helping me get artist.
I will get foreman one day, and I'll send a screenshot to you on discord when I do :D
Goodbye friend <3

Godspeed you beautiful dolphin
081CBEA1-484A-4356-A53E-6466FCD1091B.gif

Thank you jona, for all the hours you filled in my day doing jobs when no one else was, and for all the times you made me laugh whilst we were eh.. communicating.
You will always be the best Swedish meatball i know
adjö min vän

How did I miss your resignation post?
Anyways, good luck with school mate, I'm sure you'll do great. Take some time off of MCME if you need to but I do hope we'll see you again from time to time.