• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

My trip to Middle Earth!

otho

MCME Connaisseur
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hello lads,

As many of you might already know, I'm going to everyones (at least here) favourite country, New Zealand. The point of this thread is to post some cool pictures of places where they shot the movies but also to get some tips on what to see and where to go from you guys.

The tips could be anything from good places to eat to awesome Middle-Earth locations.
Soooo, I hope that you will enjoy this and give many many tips.

Lots of love,
otho

Hello!
Sorry for the lack off updates. No money = no wi-fi :p
Right now I'm getting ready to go to Christchurch after staying a few nights in the most beautiful town I've ever been to, Queenstown.

I dont really know if i can post pictures here from my phone so if anyone knows how, please help a n00b in neee.

I have also made a small playlist with some Lord of the Rings songs to listen to while we drive around here, so if anyone has any suggestions of cool songs from the movies please post them here ;)

-otho

Hello!
Right now I'm getting ready to go to Christchurch after staying a few nights in the most beautiful town I've ever been to, Queenstown.

I dont really know if i can post pictures here from my phone so if anyone knows how, please help a n00b in neee.

I have also made a small playlist with some Lord of the Rings songs to listen to while we drive around here, so if anyone has any suggestions of cool songs from the movies please post them here ;)

-otho
All of them? Especially The Last March of the Ents and Rohan imo.

Hello!

-otho

oi,

I live in Christchurch, and theres quite a bit to see, ofc I cant list all of it, but here are some amazing places/attractions for you to go to :D

* Christchurch Gondola - been there tons of times, amazing view.
* Orana Wildlife Park - something you will see there that you won't see around the world, is the Kiwi, hes quiet, but cool :p
* Canterbury Museum - pretty interesting stuff if you want to know about the history of New Zealand.
* Tranzalpine Train - you HAVE to go on this train, there is some out of this world scenery that you can see.
* Arthurs Pass - If you like mountains, then this is the place to be. Lots of stuff to be found in general here
* Arthurs Pass "devil's punchbowl" - this is a waterfall, found at a popular walk you can go to, stunning place.
* Flock Hill - Great place if you like rocks, also an area where Narnia was filmed.

Thats about all I can think of atm :p again, those are just a few places to visit. And don't be too quick to rush to the north Island to Matamata, South Island in general has tons of cool places to see.

Hope this helped :D