• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted MykelUmm's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

MykelUmm

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
Date: June 9th 2020

Jobs and Plotbuilds:

06/17/2020
Leader: Mithrilled
Title: mithbushes
Job Description: Building bushes in Belfalas

07/01/2020
Leader: barteldvn
Title: shurbs99
Job Description: shrubs

07/02/2020
Title: shrubs
Job Description: Building shrubs near Goldarce

Note: Sorry I have only built shrubs so far, I keep missing the other jobs :(

Themed-builds:
Castle
XYZ: -2754 / 4 / 48024
Last Updated: Late June 2020

Description: It’s a castle. I guess based on the German/ Disney style of castle. A couple of square keeps, the central one is supposed to be the older of the two. To large towers as living and working space, and stables with the clock tower on it. I added the two defensive wall because MrPalladin said that it was not defensible as it was without the walls. Not quite finished but the bones are there, a few interiors, lacking in block mixing so some of the walls are a little uninteresting looking. Overall I happy with it, I like the layout and the overall aesthetic. First build in MCME and I did know about all the custom blocks to it could be more detailed in that way as well.

Tirith Aaer
XYZ: 1157 / 4 / 48263
Last Updated: Late June 2020

Description: This is based on the Scott Monument in Edinburgh. It's my first time doing elvish architecture, and the whole thing is a lot more heavily detailed than I would usually attempt, probably a bit too gothic to be truly elvish, however. Really happy with how it turned out though, not a lot I’d change, some tricky diagonals in there I think. Perhaps the landscaping could be more interesting, as its all single block texture atm.

Dragon
XYZ: 197 / 4 / 48389
Last Updated: Early July 2020

Description: This is Ancalagon the Black facing off with Eärendil in his boat Vingilot, just before Earendil slew Ancalagon and cast him down onto the reeking peaks of Thangorodrim. (god isn’t the Tolkien great!) Loosely based on and image by Ruben de Vela. I went for a snake kinda look for Ancalogon, and it turned at a bit cartoony that I would have liked, but I’m happy with the pose and composition. Working in black was hard as there are limited pieces and it’s hard to get the detail out, cause it all ends up looking a bit flat. The landscape I like, I think the Mud Rivers are cool and the smoking. I’m bad at boats but I’m happy-ish with this one.

Wood Workshop
XYZ: 453 / 4 / 48519

Description: A sawmill. With a storage shed at the back, the mill and water wheel in the centre and a cottage for the miller and their family in the front. The idea is that the logs float down steam, are caught in the weir and the pulled out via the dug inlet. Two steams from the hill on the side have been diverted to feed the wheel. I’m very happy with the composition, level of detail and aesthetic of the whole thing. If I could change one thing, it’s the darkness of the trees on the other side of the river jar with the lightness of the rest of the build as a whole.

Additional Builds:

Rhosgobel
XYZ: in Freebuild 235 / 13 / -479

Description: Rhosgobel is the home of Radagst the Brown. I found it described as “built around a large furry oak tree.” and “A u-shaped wooden house nestled in the woods surrounding a small blue pool of water or pond.” And of course, it is briefly seen in the Hobbit Movies :’(. So I was going for a rundown but perhaps once grand tumble of cottages all built on top of each other in a U shape under a giant Furry Oak tree. First Giant tree I’ve built But I’m really happy with it, And I think the cottages are cool, I was doing a bit of off-grid stuff, which I need to improve on. I realized I built it too close to other stuff, and didn’t really have room to finish properly, so It's unfinished. Sorry about that.

Cottage
XYZ: in Freebuild 1187 / 23 / -2857

Description: I really enjoyed doing the run down thatched roofs on Rhosgobel, And need to improve on building small individual houses, So I decided to build a cottage that might turn into a small village.

Your interests:
I like villages and rural builds, anything that you can in-bed in surrounding with foliage and terrain. I like trees and winding paths and fields. I want to get better and elvish themes. And of course, everybody likes a good castle. The Moria RP is also really inspiring.

Your motivation:
I love LOTR and the rest of the legendarium. I and Love building in Minecraft. It’s like really good lego. I would like to build something that contributes to something and I can get feedback on, and improve my building skills, and people will say “that’s really cool”.

The MCME project is amazing. The scale and detail and effort that so many people have put in means that the project really means something. I therefore really enjoy helping out every chance I get. I’m excited about building dome orcy stuff when Mordor is eventually started, and I’ve like helping out foliage-ing Gondor. I think the stuff that’s going on in Adrast is so good and I love walking around there with my shaders on, I’m not great and world edit ATM so I’m not sure how much I can help with that though.

Date: July 25th 2020

Jobs and Plotbuilds:

07/08/2020
Title: anorienstreams1
Job Description: Detailing streams in Anorien

07/08/2020
Title: shrubsss
Job Description: Building shrubs in Belfalas

07/08/2020
Title: xminetrial
Job Description: trial job for Xmine

07/10/2020
Title: moriaruining3
Job Description: ruining in Moria

07/12/2020
Title: shrubs
Job Description: Definitely not shrubs :eek:

07/12/2020
Leader: Darki
Title: Marsh3
Job Description: DOing some more marshes with darki!

07/13/2020
Title: Marsh5
Job Description: Doing some more marshes with darki1

07/13/2020
Title: Marsh6
Job Description: Another job with Darki!

Themed-builds:
Moria East Gate
XYZ: 375 / 4/ 48683
Last Updated: Mid July 2020

Description: I haven't finished this yet. I wanted to make the gate at the height of Moria's power, when it was filled with dwarves and trading with the elves. The book clearly describes wall, so I wanted to include some battlements. I'm not very good a dwarfy stuff

Bilbos 111st Birthday
XYZ: -525 / 4 / 49090
Last Updated: Mid July 2020

Description: This I as lore accurate as I can make it. With the large Pavillion with the party tree at the end. It was hard to fit a tree in a tent with out making the tent stupidly big. So I have the tree sticking out. There is an open air kitchen which is mentioned. Presents by the gate which Bilbo gave out. I really happy with how this turned out.

Additional Builds:

Amun Rudh
XYZ: in Freebuild -5828 / 140 / -7706
Last Updated: 25/07/2020

Description: Amon Rudh, as described in the children of hurin. Part of Melkors_Thalions Beleriand in MCME project. This is a WIP and a team effort. However i have done 90% of the terraforming in terms of land shaping. I made all the concept for the different kinds of terrain type and planned them all out. designing the process by which everybody could help out and we could still have a unified and consistent built.

Beleriand on MCME: Amon Rudh
warp to/Amon Rudh

The was a team project, but everything pictured (as far as i can remember) was built by me. I did all the designs for the external and build 75% of the terrain. On the inside if you have a look around, the two main halls were built and designed by me. The mine area was also built and designed by me. Itai and Nexus designed the upstairs but a fair amount was built by me. A fair amount of other interiors and corridors are also done by me.

My take on anorien style house, kinda a ramshackle hut on a rock out to sea.
(yeah I know anorien isn't coastal.)
Full interior, with all I learnt from Interior artist school!
Coords: -6958 / 8 / 2661

Hey Mykel,

For some reason I can't open your albums, not sure how you share them but a direct link to the album should allow me to take a proper look at them.

Anorien shack
- Chimney is very big
- Could use a small dock for a small row boat or something
- Interior is good
- House is a bit boring shapewise and looks a bit big for a poor house.

Elvish city block
- Too much white, try introducing secondary colours that fit well (Maybe light stuccos for the walls), maybe more grey brick in certain places...
- Street doesn't feel alive, add more detail
- House shapes are interesting, could be a bit more organic but they are unique and fit together.

Amon Rudh
- Cobblestone is not a fancy material, thus use it mainly in areas that aren't fancy. (Storage halls, houses, workshops)
- For the mines take a look at the Upper Mines, they're much more detailed and could give you an idea of what to add

My albums were hidden, should now be public, maybe that will help?

Anorian Fishing Hut edits:

smaller chimney, slightly smaller overall size but mainly a change in shape (hope is more interesting). And, a new, old rickety jetty.
FB Coords: -6958 / 8 / 2661

also
Southern Gondor Farm House and Manor:

Tried my hand at the southern gondor/ dol amroth style. This would be a manor house I guess set up as the centre of all its tenet farmers or something. It pretty big and wealthy. It has a barn on the side, and a separate stables building. A river along the bottom etc. etc. Its kinda based on a farm that's just north of Goldarce, but a lot updated as that in a old style I reckon.
FB Coords: -6908/ 25 / 2700

Hey Mykel, great stuff
About your Southern Gondor House:
-Good job overall, the exterior sits well on the terrain and it clumps together really well.
-Make sure your ceilings aren't too flat, make them a tad more vaulted / add depth by adding logs and slabs in between (Reference - Pictures num 1,24,27, etc)
-Use the 'fancy sandstone pillar bottom' block! (Reference - Picture num 7)
-The upper part of this wall feels too thin and unsupported, maybe use trapdoors on both sides?
-Terrain is super (Especially the stream)

Hey Mykel, great stuff
About your Southern Gondor House:
-Good job overall, the exterior sits well on the terrain and it clumps together really well.
-Make sure your ceilings aren't too flat, make them a tad more vaulted / add depth by adding logs and slabs in between (Reference - Pictures num 1,24,27, etc)
-Use the 'fancy sandstone pillar bottom' block! (Reference - Picture num 7)
-The upper part of this wall feels too thin and unsupported, maybe use trapdoors on both sides?
-Terrain is super (Especially the stream)
thanks so much for the feedback!!! i try to incorporate what you have suggested :D

Itai's edits on the ceilings wall and pillars looks better now thanks itai :D

and a loverly scaffolding plot I did on the walls of osgo for Birdo in and the end of December

I have also done a few river plots for Xmine in Anorien, and placed some sand around Henneth Annun for Bart

:D

Sorry This is going to be a bit of a dump. I'll try to update more regularly.

Gondolin Bath House. inspiration roman/dol amroth base houses

Gondolin Cresent (sorry about the unfinished tree). based on English Georgian style crescents

Gondolin Aquaduct

MovieCave goblin Platform (for Badger).

Bree Theme build (I will finish this). I very much enjoyed this one

Plus a few anorian terrain smooths for Ober

Last edited:
Ey Mykel, do I have to tp to every place on the application or is there a imgur album somewhere

-Daom

Status
Not open for further replies.