• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Nateolocity01 Artist Application

ns0119

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Date Joined: June 3rd, 2017
Jobs: 2 theme builds (Argonath & Bridge of Esgalduin)

Argonath Screenshots

Z54YpYS.png
9xtX7yS.png
b1rQvSx.png
AE4lBrp.png

Bridge of Esgalduin Screenshots

z0JI3Fw.png
ngJJ7Bu.png
vQ9wyy7.png
5VP1trF.png
9ZDaeYc.png
2PYocah.png
RohhnWM.png

Interests: I don't really have a specific type of architecture I prefer to build, but I prefer to stay away from life-like structures like statues and gargoyles. My favorite race in Middle Earth are the Elves because of their beautiful and ornate architecture and aesthetic, but the massive Dwarven halls of Erebor also draw my attention. Besides LotR things, I enjoy (attempting) to build castles and other large structures, along with terraformation with WorldEdit (I'm not good at it yet, though). WorldEdit is my favorite building tool, and I usually use it all the time in my personal worlds.

Motivation: As an Adventurer, there isn't much to do on the server after you've explored every existing inch. I believe this would give me the opportunity to be more effective and have more hands on building through the artist position. I'd like to help anywhere possible, but most of all I'd like to see Erebor begin construction. :)

Hey Nateolocity, your builds look really promising. I am an artist on MCME and I was in the same position as you once. I like the base of your bridge, the variation of bricks are good and there is depth in them. The top part of the bridge is a bit minimalistic but is okay for the way you made it, however very few bridges will look like this in mcme. Some things you could do to improve is a nicer shape for the bridge, most likely an arch would look good as it being flat means it lacks some aesthetics points. The tree you built could use some work as well. Very few trees have that thick of a trunk for that few of leaves. It needs more leaves and also for the trunk. Use' /get logs' to get six-sided logs so that the rings of the normal logs won't spoil the trunk of the tree. Horse statues look okay, but the flaws are very minor. I hope to see you soon as in the purple club and hope you will get there soon. Good luck.

Thank you for the feedback BWOT! I've corrected (or attempted to correct) the problems you listed. Here's some screenshots...

aaty2h9.png
hw8NrxP.png
54D5rXr.png
OIzAWTG.png
FhGy6Sp.png
r0yvS7l.png
9tV4LYe.png

Also, maybe it's obvious, but I couldn't find the minor error in my horse statues that you were referencing.

Its the legs, I think they just look a bit weird, cause this is what I imagine it to be like...

Oh, okay. Gotcha. I can't find the exact minecraft reference image but this position is what I was modeling. Only I couldn't figure out how to alternate the front legs so made them parallel like the hind legs. I will try to experiment with the hind legs and see what comes of it.

d25c01683f4296e1d575287a069d2f6a.jpg

I like your horses as is. Though if I shall be picky I think the back legs maybe should be angled more straight down (not completely straight though)

@ns0119 if you ever see me on the server ill give you some practical tips on your building to improve them, we can work of freebuild

Hey Nateolocity,

Also to you a huge apology for not responding in such a long time!

Your bridge does look very nice! Especially the shape and the materials chosen are already very good! Here's some inputs from my side:
  • If you alternate the materials on the sides to make it look old I'd also do it on the road/walking part which is probably even more under stress from all that may walk / roll over it.
  • The lighting is a bit too fantastical... How would these lamps looks like IRL? Fuel? Maintenance? If you'd like to light it I'd rather go with some simple lamp posts with torches hanging from them along the sides.
  • I havent checked whether that'd be relevant here, but in order to break the repetitive shape of the bridge up and allow potential ships to get past the bridge I'd get rid of the middlemost bridge pillar and replace it with a wider arch.
  • The arches ontop are debatable, good input from BWOT and well-executioned by you Nat, but personally I am not sure whether I'd have put arches there ;)
  • If you already add some stuff next to the bridge you should also have added the bits of road connecting to the bridge!
I'd be very pleased if you could submit another TB, best one with some buildings in it! I'll make sure to respond asap to your update!

~ Finrod