• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Need Help Creating a Server

RayRayActual

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hello everyone I am fairly new to MC java edition as I am a bedrock player, but got java just for Middle Earth. I tried to make my own server for Middle Earth but when I put in my IP address to make my own server it says multiplayer disconnect outdated client, so my guest is Middle Earth is a bit behind with the current version. If thats the case is it impossible to have a server running until the mod is caught up to the current Minecraft? I'm also not a computer wiz, so sorry if this sound a bit basic.

I'm not completely sure what you are trying.

Do you want to connect to the Mincraft Middle-earth server?
The server is running Minecraft 1.16.3 at the moment but you can also connect using latest client version 1.16.4.

The message "outdated client" means that you try to connect with a client version lower than 1.16.3. That will not work. So you have to switch to a later version (you can just do in the Minecraft launcher in tab "Installations"). Recommended is 1.16.3

I don't know which "mod" you are referring to. Minecraft Middle-earth is not requiring any mods (like Lord of the Rings mod). I guess you would get the "outdated client" message when you try to join with the Lord of the Rings mod as it is still on 1.15. The soution in this case is to use plain vanilla minecraft client (enable server textures!).

I'm not completely sure what you are trying.

Do you want to connect to the Mincraft Middle-earth server?
The server is running Minecraft 1.16.3 at the moment but you can also connect using latest client version 1.16.4.

The message "outdated client" means that you try to connect with a client version lower than 1.16.3. That will not work. So you have to switch to a later version (you can just do in the Minecraft launcher in tab "Installations"). Recommended is 1.16.3

I don't know which "mod" you are referring to. Minecraft Middle-earth is not requiring any mods (like Lord of the Rings mod). I guess you would get the "outdated client" message when you try to join with the Lord of the Rings mod as it is still on 1.15. The soution in this case is to use plain vanilla minecraft client (enable server textures!).
Mod as in the minecraft Middle Earth mod, thats what I'm referring to when I say mod. I want to make my own server with Minecraft Middle Earth so that only me and my friends on play on.

Mod as in the minecraft Middle Earth mod, thats what I'm referring to when I say mod. I want to make my own server with Minecraft Middle Earth so that only me and my friends on play on.
This community is for building Minecraft Middle-earth in vanilla Minecraft, not a mod or modded client.

This community is for building Minecraft Middle-earth in vanilla Minecraft, not a mod or modded client.
Dude I am confused is Minecraft Middle Earth not considered a mod? And like I said I'm fairly new to this Minecraft computer thing man, could I just get some help or directed to a better place for it? No need to be passive aggressive.

Minecraft Middle-earth is a multiplayer server.

We use a lot of plugins on server side for a very unique experience of Middle-earth. Just join the server using 1.16.3 client (Multiplayer-> add server). Server address is: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Minecraft Middle-earth is a multiplayer server.

We use a lot of plugins on server side for a very unique experience of Middle-earth. Just join the server using 1.16.3 client (Multiplayer-> add server). Server address is: build.mcmiddleearth.c

Thanks for the reply! What are plug ins exactly and my current version for MC Middle Earth is Forge 1.7.10 if that means anything. But my most pressing question is is it possible for me to create my own private server for Middle Earth where only me and my friends can play on, kinda like starting a Middle Earth world on single player but with friends, not the official server with the creations?

I'm sorry, the world is not available for download. So you can't create your own server with it. You can download our texture packs and use them on a private server, but quite some blocks will not be stable on your server without the custom plugins we use on MCME.

Forge can be both a client and a server. You can use a Forge client to connect to MCME server, but needs to be version 1.16.3 at least (not 1.7.10).

(Sorry, I overlooked your first reply previously.)

I'm sorry, the world is not available for download. So you can't create your own server with it. You can download our texture packs and use them on a private server, but quite some blocks will not be stable on your server without the custom plugins we use on MCME.

Forge can be both a client and a server. You can use a Forge client to connect to MCME server, but needs to be version 1.16.3 at least (not 1.7.10).

(Sorry, I overlooked your first reply previously.)
So I couldnt have my own server where I travel to Middle Earth from the overworld without the creations, because I wouldn't mind just building on a empty Middle Earth? I watched a video and read from the Middle Earth wiki on how to download and they said to download forge as when I switch my forge to 1.16.3 or the latest version 1.16.4 I cannot play Middle Earth.

Could you please explain to me where to find your texture packs and how do download them and maybe possible these plug in you spoke of? And is it possible to have more than one texture pack here, another reminder I am totally new to Minecraft on the PC so know nothing about this technical stuff.

Getting a private server up with all the plugins is a bit of work and requires quite some know-how. The plugins are all available on GitHub.
You can stack Resource packs in Minecraft, but it probably doesn't make much sense to do so (Options -> Resource Packs)

You still might want to have a look at the MCME server. You don't need to build, you can just explore what we built ;)