• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Nelman_Black's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Nelman_Black
Date Joined : 14 March 2020
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: Australia. 0300 GMT - 1300 GMT
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide?
Every since I joined the community I have aimed to help expand and engage more people in this world that we are creating. Becoming Guide is the obvious next step for me. Already having copious experience with the Minigames badge (primarily races), and additionally aiding in organizing these plugins has made me realize that the Guide rank is something that I am interested in. Additionally I believe I have a good understanding of the server map and more so the lore that comes with each location, outside of just the original trilogy. All in all I believe a year as Commoner is a good enough time and I am interested in progressing and helping the server in new ways.

What makes a great Guide according to you?
I feel a "great Guide" is someone who has a deep knowledge of both server and Tolkien lore and is able to use that information in an engaging way to introduce new members and share possibly unknown lore to current members, expanding the world outside of a Minecraft server. From my point of view the specialization of Guide activities allows for additional ways for members to interact with the server through the Tour and Minigames badges (though as most people know I am absolutely hopeless at PvP).

As a Guide I hope to run the lesser used activities, primarily Race plugin, and create games that can be run in the off hours of the server. Similarly like we are currently are doing with the Race plugin, mapping and organizing all the races that actually work, I am excited to possibly see if any other plugins can be helped by something like this and as an End Game, create events around this (MCME Prix).​

Hey @Nelman_Black

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hello @Nelman_Black

The guides have discussed your application and we have decided that we would like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour you may be asked to complete a trial period. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map and you should use Discord for the tour. The tour should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a time for your tour.

Good luck!

Thank you for your trial tour the other day, here are just a few reminders about your one month trial period that ends on Saturday, 17 April.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.