• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

New Granite/Andesite

Tyranystrasz

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Pretty usefull for rivers/terraforming and roads (instead of granite)
tvL8YIO.png

jJTu4DF.png
Very very usefull for gravel rivers (instead of andesite)
7IuNSzg.png

IlRq4RF.png
Results using this blocks
NcXcNHs.png
qmvxklR.png

View attachment 5604
View attachment 5606
i could add this towards one specific block like the granite just add those same textures and then we'll have two extra blocks we can change with :) i like those textures

View attachment 5604
View attachment 5606

here is the new randomized variation for your blocks without using optifines ctm method. strictly vanilly :p hope you like Tyranystrasz. if you have more blocks to use please tell :) a can do more. also i set it up for the andesite :)
Andisite models.zip

I don't think it is good idea to mix this two type of block together because we can do that easily with voxel. I would rather make few more textures for both of them and then use granite and andesite with several textures for both of them. In that way we will remove pattern and grid errors and texture will look more natural and realistic in my opinion. We already using that in Dwarven RP for example stone texture.

I don't think it is good idea to mix this two type of block together because we can do that easily with voxel. I would rather make few more textures for both of them and then use granite and andesite with several textures for both of them. In that way we will remove pattern and grid errors and texture will look more natural and realistic in my opinion. We already using that in Dwarven RP for example stone texture.
yeah if we had more of a selection of blocks for lets say the stone slot it would mix well and we can add more textures to run smooth.

I have made 5 models for andesite (randomly placed block) starting only with the greyish block, the granite will be probably used as ID 1 for gravel

I have made 5 models for andesite (randomly placed block) starting only with the greyish block, the granite will be probably used as ID 1 for gravel

Sorry I have not replied earlier to this! I love the new textures, very well matching together with the other MCME textures; the granite one has still a very slight tiling in it that may be possible to remove, but as it would anyway mostly be used in splattered patterns it doesnt matter too much. Regarding randomized textures I agree with Ryiw that all the textures belonging together should be very similar, only some slight variations in the texture but not the colors.
Happy to add this when you call your work done Tyran!

@Finrod_Amandil are the new blocks tracked somewhere (perhaps our old resource pack doc?).

Do we really have to use solid blocks for this? We should save this rock/stone block for something solid. Sand/mud like blocks shoudl go to different one.

I believe much more suitable would be red sand / coarse dirt. I hope this still can be changed.

Agree with you despot, red sand and coarse dirt should be pretty free in all packs afaik.

@Tyranystrasz do you plan any update (e.g. randomised variants) or should I add it to github?

Gonna give you the file for andesite (i've made 5 random variants) for the granite you can add like that or add it as id 1 for gravel

@Tyranystrasz

As i said, if you give the file for granite that means it will be for granite and expect fin to change it for gravel or coarse dirt. Can you prepare a gravel/dirt variants instead? It's few mins work.