• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

New no physics blocks

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
While exploring all the commands that there are I stumbled across a lot of fancy things, I will document all of those who I deem to be of any use in the Designer Manual I am working on.

However there was one I'd like you not to use to keep track of its effects, but instead document what I did with it. It is a command that allows to attach the no-physics argument to more blocks, like we already had it for floating ladders, floating torches, piston tables and more.

The following blocks do have no physics anymore now:

32: Dead Bush (Still cant be placed directly onto grass, but it wont break anymore after you voxelled it.)
81: Cactus (you can now place a sand block, cactus ontop and then break the sand by hand, also changing blocks next to a floating cactus will not break it)
71: Iron Door (You can now make easily floating doors or stacking doors ontop of each other)
78: Layered Snow (Will now stick to Packed Ice, useful for glaciers)
96: Wooden Trapdoor (Can now float / be built in any orientation)
131: Tripwire Hook

If you encounter buggy behaviour of these blocks, or think other blocks would be handy if they had no physics, please tell me.

Isn't this an interesting information for Artists too?
Or should this be staff only?

At the moment you can place mushrooms (cabbage in Gondor pack) at dark places or by voxel.
Can this be changed with the no-physics argument? Would be great :)

Maybe the pressure plates should be added to the no-physics list too, because in the Salt Flats there are pressure plates on cauldrons (actually my own idea :( ). Today I broke one by accident. If you stand in the cauldron, the pressure plate will break. I think the pressure plates on top of cauldrons are used in more locations than just the Salt Flats, but I am not too sure.

Maybe the pressure plates should be added to the no-physics list too, because in the Salt Flats there are pressure plates on cauldrons (actually my own idea :( ). Today I broke one by accident. If you stand in the cauldron, the pressure plate will break. I think the pressure plates on top of cauldrons are used in more locations than just the Salt Flats, but I am not too sure.
I won't add any redstone items to the no-physics list as it disables its function, e.g. if i'd add the pressure plates to the no-physics list new players cannot enter Middle-earth anymore as they have to step on a pressure plate for that.