• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

New Player World

Is the New Player World...

• Good! No fixing necessary

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • OK! Some fixing necessary

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Not Good! Fixing necessary

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
If recollection serves, the current designs were meant to be "temporary" in their usage until something more fancy could be implemented.

As this has not occurred, I was wondering what people thought of the possibility of improving the question rooms in the following ways:
  1. Universal Resourcepacks: currently each room requires a different resourcepack, which in my opinion doesnt make a lot of sense given new players have no idea what they are doing or which packs to use
  2. More Uniform Rooms: as each room has its own style, it seems a little all over the place and disorganized. More organization/uniform style could give a better impression of the server from the start
I would be interested personally in redesigning some stuff if given the opportunity. I look forward to your thoughts.

I think it's an excellent idea to revamp the new playerworld. My main issue with it is new people don't care enough to read the rules and just keep pressing buttons until they get in, where we have to answer ten billion questions, or they simply get banned.