• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

New textures for Armor

BWOT

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ New Armor Textures ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I was building in one of the towers in Dol Amroth the other day and was making the armory floor and helmets: check, weapons: only can do the painting of swords :( but check and then of course armor: ummm... the painting was not good enough and for armor stands there were only four different armors to pick from as they are the same for all MCME except for Moria, and I was like, why only Moria. This is a build server so there is no need right now or I don't really know why you would need it but the same armor texture for all resource regions.

So I am no texture guru, actually I am a disgrace :rolleyes:, but I have a few ideas of new ones which we might need in each resource pack.

RP and Vanilla Texture : What is at the moment : Keep or New suggestion
Eriador
Leather : uruk hai : Normal Orc (goblin)
Chain : Rohan soldier : Bree soldier
Iron : Gondor Soldier : Shire Sherif
Gold : Elvish Armor : Keep or one more fitting for rivendell
Diamond : Dwarf Armor : Keep or one less flashy for the blue mountain dwarves
Lothlorien
Leather : uruk hai : Moria Orc
Chain : Rohan soldier : Elf soldier (more camo)
Iron : Gondor Soldier : Elf Soldier (more flashy)
Gold : Elvish Armor : Keep
Diamond : Dwarf Armor : Elf (very flashy)
Dol Amroth (Gondor 2) pack
Leather : uruk hai : Normal Orc
Chain : Rohan soldier : Normal soldier
Iron : Gondor Soldier : Less flashy gondor armor
Gold : Elvish Armor : Dol Amroth Armor
Diamond : Dwarf Armor : The old Gondor Soldier armor (Guard of the Citadel)

Mordor
Leather : uruk hai : Normal Orc (very ragged) (goblin)
Chain : Rohan soldier : Uruk hai texture but not leather
Iron : Gondor Soldier : Normal Orc (iron armor)
Gold : Elvish Armor : Orc captain or chief
Diamond : Dwarf Armor : Orcs of Minas Morgul or the Barad-dur, Darker Armor
Moria : DONE
Rohan
Leather : uruk hai : Normal Orc
Chain : Rohan soldier : Keep
Iron : Gondor Soldier : Wild men armor
Gold : Elvish Armor :
Uruk-hai Soldier (Iron armor)
Diamond : Dwarf Armor : Rohan soldier (more fancy)

If you think there are better options of if you created a teture for one of these please post in this thread. Also as I said the weapons for amrories are not great either so maybe we can do something like some of the new textures in Moria for spear crates and etc.

I think its a neat idea, but that being said if we decide to add new armor textures we need to ensure that they flow well with those designed by the man, the myth, the legend @ScoobyDeezy

PS - he has a ranger texture somewhere but I dont remember where it is

I think its a neat idea, but that being said if we decide to add new armor textures we need to ensure that they flow well with those designed by the man, the myth, the legend @ScoobyDeezy

PS - he has a ranger texture somewhere but I dont remember where it is
Yeah I am sure that would work, I think I keep each one, except for the uruk.

Why not keep the Uruk armor?
I've never seen leather in such a shape or an Uruk where leather in the movies or it being described in the book (only iron/metal) so it is not accurate.

I've never seen leather in such a shape or an Uruk where leather in the movies or it being described in the book (only iron/metal) so it is not accurate.
There are actually some Uruks in the films that have more leather on them than metal, and leather is described as making up at least part of their armour in the books