• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Npcs for MCME

Dallen

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
Ents in Fangorn sparked my interest in npcs and small quests for MCME. Over the last few weeks I have been developing the MCME-quests plugin. I have already written the small linear quest line(about ten quest) that will lead players around to several places (most of which are west of the Misty Mountains). I would like to make it clear that this plugin was not written to implement RP into the server and will pose only tasks and puzzles. In addition to the small quests I want to have several npcs that players can talk to, the planned npcs are as follows:
  • Bilbo
  • Treebeard
  • Elrond
  • Galadriel
I want to know what other npcs/quests the community would like to see added to the plugin and also what locations you might want the quests to take players (if you could include cords/warps that would be great). If you would like to see the current version of the plugin it can be found on GitHub. If you would like RP elements or some other quest-ish things added you can pm me (@dallen1393) or post it here. Thanks for reading and have great day ;)

Reactions: B_n
I would think a Cirdan NPC at the Gray Havens would be cool.
Its probably a good thing to consider we should only use figures in locations that we have. As we dont have the Gray Havens yet, this wouldnt make sense haha.

Anyways, here are some that could be good at their respective locations:
  • Theoden (Edoras)
  • Saruman (Isengard)

Its probably a good thing to consider we should only use figures in locations that we have. As we dont have the Gray Havens yet, this wouldnt make sense haha.

Anyways, here are some that could be good at their respective locations:
  • Theoden (Edoras)
  • Saruman (Isengard)
Apologies, for some reason I had thought we had it built already.
Also thought of some more, hopefully these are in places built. :p
  • Samwise (Shire)
  • Denethor (Gondor once Minas Tirith is finished)
  • Galadriel (Lorien)
  • Thranduil (Mirkwood)
  • Gothmog (Mordor once it is finished)

How do you intend on implementing these NPCS? Do you plan on having actual models like the NPC plugin of old or do you plan on using Testificates and texturing them? Or simply having invisible NPCs?

How do you intend on implementing these NPCS? Do you plan on having actual models like the NPC plugin of old or do you plan on using Testificates and texturing them? Or simply having invisible NPCs?
Unfortunately the npc will be invisible, in the final build though you will be notified when you enter their house.

I think these quests could be a cool way to tour new players around the server when there are no rangers about. A player could choose a questline that would take them around some area (cities of Arnor, Elven settlements, Shire, Rohan...) and thus be encouraged to visit some of the less well known areas of the server for parts of it. The questline could have a simple story that involves some of the lore of the area, continuing the tour theme. I realise this would be quite a bit of work but I think it could work out pretty well.

I think these quests could be a cool way to tour new players around the server when there are no rangers about. A player could choose a questline that would take them around some area (cities of Arnor, Elven settlements, Shire, Rohan...) and thus be encouraged to visit some of the less well known areas of the server for parts of it. The questline could have a simple story that involves some of the lore of the area, continuing the tour theme. I realise this would be quite a bit of work but I think it could work out pretty well.
this is a fantastic idea

I have almost no experience with plugin making, so this is just an idea:

With @dags_ pvp plugin, there are "statues" of people that hold certain records, such as the Longest Shot, Highest KD Ratio, etc, that look like that person is standing there. Would it be possible to do something similar to that for the NPCs? They probably wouldn't have to walk around anyway. Even if it would be necessary to use a minecraft account for each different NPC, the cost wouldn't be too overwhelming, since we would never have a huge number of NPCs.

Just a thought; I don't need a ton of people telling me that it won't work if it won't:confused:

EDIT: It occurred to me that you may not have seen these, since the pvp server has been down/inactive recently. So, THIS is what I'm talking about, but on a different server

Since we no longer have the kits for weapons, it would be cool if the quests gave you some of those items as rewards. Like if you did a quest for a Rohan blacksmith, he could give you a chain chestplate. Or if you did a quest for Elrond, he would give you a golden sword.

I have almost no experience with plugin making, so this is just an idea:

With @dags_ pvp plugin, there are "statues" of people that hold certain records, such as the Longest Shot, Highest KD Ratio, etc, that look like that person is standing there. Would it be possible to do something similar to that for the NPCs? They probably wouldn't have to walk around anyway. Even if it would be necessary to use a minecraft account for each different NPC, the cost wouldn't be too overwhelming, since we would never have a huge number of NPCs.

Just a thought; I don't need a ton of people telling me that it won't work if it won't:confused:

EDIT: It occurred to me that you may not have seen these, since the pvp server has been down/inactive recently. So, THIS is what I'm talking about, but on a different server
I was thinking about doing this at some point, I was unaware it was on the pvp server. I will begin work on this when I have more time to code.

Since we no longer have the kits for weapons, it would be cool if the quests gave you some of those items as rewards. Like if you did a quest for a Rohan blacksmith, he could give you a chain chestplate. Or if you did a quest for Elrond, he would give you a golden sword.
If enough people want RP this would be very easily implemented. It's just wether the community wants it implemented. Q didn't love the idea but also didn't hate it so loot could be a possibility in the future.

Can I just say that people can warp to plotworld and give themselves items, then come back? That pretty much makes the loot system obsolete, doesn't it?

Maybe the loot could have different tiers or something... for example you could get a legendary diamond sword, weak diamond sword, or average diamond sword, something like that so theres a little luck involved and you might have to redo the quest to get lucky and get a good enchant

I think most (idk) people would like do only the well known people ie Elrond - so maybe make it so you have to start on the basics ie a random blacksmith and work up. I may make a chart...

Yeah... Good idea. Maybe one of the quest prizes for, like, the hardest quest or the final quest would be a gold ingot, since the RPs make gold ingots look like the Ring. Also, would each NPC have more than one quest?