• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Oberanio Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberanio

Sneaky Anvil Dropper
Commoner
Credits
XP
I joined the server for the first time 8th April 2018.

Jobs:
The jobs have been farms in Belfalas, 2 small houses in Dol Amroth with barteldvn and Moria halls with Nic, Vegetation in Tolfalas with Thomas, sewers in Dol Amroth with Pants as well as vegetation and farms with Henry in Tolfalas and Cold Lake.

Pictures: Jobs on MCME

Theme Build: The Forsaken Inn -70,5,31280; updated 14. April 2018. An abandoned inn used by bandits
Theme build

Additional Builds:
Artist Application

My interest:
I've always loved building classical medieval houses, and think therefore I also would like to build rhorric. In addition to that, I've always been interested in dwarven areas (my favourite place being Erebor) and would like to try this as well.

My motivation:
My motivation for becoming an artist is multiple things. First of all, I would love to get to know this amazing community even more, and I think building together is a great way to do so. I also really want to contribute to expanding Middle Earth and making even bigger than it already is. I also think I could learn a lot from all the other artists/foremen/valors etc to become a better builder than I am today.

Jobs:
The jobs have been farms in Belfalas, 2 small houses in Dol Amroth with barteldvn and Moria halls with Nic, Vegetation in Tolfalas with Thomas, sewers in Dol Amroth with Pants as well as vegetation and farms with Henry in Tolfalas and Cold Lake.

Theme Build: The Forsaken Inn -70,5,31280; updated 14. April 2018. An abandoned inn used by bandits
Theme build

Additional Builds:
Artist Application

My interest:
I've always loved building classical medieval houses, and think therefore I also would like to build rhorric. In addition to that, I've always been interested in dwarven areas (my favourite place being Erebor) and would like to try this as well.

My motivation:
My motivation for becoming an artist is multiple things. First of all, I would love to get to know this amazing community even more, and I think building together is a great way to do so. I also really want to contribute to expanding Middle Earth and making even bigger than it already is. I also think I could learn a lot from all the other artists/foremen/valors etc to become a better builder than I am today.
Oh boy, this is one organised application, not seen that in a while. Good luck man!

Jobs:

Theme build

Additional Builds:
Artist Application

My interest:

My motivation:
Not bad, not bad. You're definetly on a good start, but there are a few things I'd like to comment on.

The forsaken Inn:
  • I like the terrain you did, the swampy feeling and the terrain fits in very well with the forsaken theme. However I don't think it's too realistic, I'd think the house would sink away in the swamp. (correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge on building techniques are limited)
  • The trees are ok. I'd like to see some different type of trees, maybe some proper oaks or some pines would be more interesting, as they have more difficult shapes.
  • The house again looks very forsaken from the outside and has a pretty Shire-ish feeling. Just mind you that we will change our shire one day, it's already an improvement on the original style of the shire for sure, but I think you could have been a bit more original with the general style of it. However I do know the pack can be somewhat limiting for such things.
  • The little details really make the build come together (the ground colouring and the vegetation). You did a good job on that.
  • The interior of the house doesn't feel too forsaken in some areas, (why would there be torches?). The floor would most likely be covered with some moss/grass and the wooden top floor would have colapsed for a big part. I also am missing some beams and pillars for support, they really are great for deviding up a room and making it more interesting. Also you missed some of the shots of the top floor's interior, you made some interior there, which you don't really show here.
Additional builds:
  • Love the original name 'Oberan' haha.
  • I see you like building these kind of rustic houses, I'd like to see some more different styles from you. If I'd have to say it in lotr terms: Make some dwarven and Gondorian builds. As these are the main projects on the server I'd make sure you can do them! So try to build some houses or other types of buildings maybe, in that style. Of course dwarven is more pillars and such, but try it out and see where you can get!
  • Again the interiors are somewhat lacking in these pictures, I'd practise a bit more on them.
  • All other things I said above apply to here aswel pretty much.
So my main advice is to practice in more different styles and to work on your interiors. Good luck on your application!

I would like you to take Bart's advice and update your application, once this is done I will re-look into it. Btw its valar :p

Also because you said your passion is Moria, and you should have access to freebuild, build some dwarven style builds and show us your passion ;)

I like the terrain you did, the swampy feeling and the terrain fits in very well with the forsaken theme. However I don't think it's too realistic, I'd think the house would sink away in the swamp. (correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge on building techniques are limited)
Yeah... basically swampland is the most difficult ground type to build on with the exception of open water like seas and oceans. (Yes even Laketown would be easier to build than this in regards to the technologies available.) Because whilst it might be theoretically possible to build such a relatively light building even on such an unstable ground condition if using the right kind of ground reinforcement techniques it'd be far far more more difficult to do than it'd ever be worth and the ground reinforcement technologies required to do so have most likely not even started to be explored in Middle-earth yet due to the great abundance of vastly superior ground types to build on.
Also forget about building that wall along the mire-banks, aside from intentionally letting it sink into the ground and constantly add more and more stones to it as it sinks I can't think of any form of building technique to keep that wall above ground.

I would like to agree with @barteldvn , your inn is very good, the Second floor is done really well, with the collapsed roof, and chipped/cracked floor as well as the walls falling down. Very nice. However the swamp surrounding the terrain is a little problem, it would make the foundations of a building like that impossible to stand on, so i would say change the swamp to solid land, add trees , bushes and overgrowth and it make me happy, bwot happy and of course bart happy

Your artist application is now under Watchlist, congratulations, you will be contacted privately by one of the Artist Committee on what you must do for your final challenge. Congrats @Oberanio !

Well good luck Ober! Only tip I can give you is look at the comments and stay updating your application!
(important note: to update this thingy you have to answer it, do not edit ur first post as we wont see an alert then ;) )

Hello Oberanio,

Your application has been accepted! Congratulations to the Purple Legion! We worked on your contest build today and there were only some very minor things which needed fixing. I advise getting a foreman partner for this week so that they can teach you some stuff, tell you the dos and don'ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.