• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished ***Osgiliath Vegetation Upgrade***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWOT

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
~:~|~:~ Osgiliath Vegetation Update ~:~|~:~
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Leader: @ooitsbirdo
Co-Leader: @dav3ck
Project Staff: All Foreman

Announcements Thread

Overall Progress and State
Approximate Overall Progress Percentage: 75%
Current Progress State: Building

Current Progress Review: Schedule doesn't even matter at this point
Current Progress Expectation: 100%
Current State Expectation: Finished
Estimated TIme of Finishing: 1-2 months

Project Discussion Thread
The thread to discuss in general the project, comment on any updates or any other non-announcement topic.
Link: ***Osgiliath Vegetation Upgrade***

Make Osgo Green Planning Post

Introduction
To Be or Not To Be that is the question. Honestly, its a stupid question and Shakespeare needs to sort himself out. Anyway, Osgiliath is the project, the task will be to add overgrowth and have a more realistic state of ruining for the age of the city. We will also be fixing derps such as some houses defining the laws of gravity, and huge gaps in the wall that haven't been mended making a whole camp section useless, lack of greenery for an abandoned city that's not really being upheld for the last few 100 years. That's to name just a few. So To sum up, make it look nice and pretty and use the new blocks from the texture merge.

Background lore
Osgiliath was the capital city of Gondor. During the War of the Ring, the abandoned city gained strategic importance as a crossing point over the Anduin, both for the Men of Gondor and Orcs of Mordor.

marked_osgo_plan.png

This project will be broken down into sectors to make it easy to work through. This project is a Job Project and so is aimed at allowing for plenty of jobs hopefully.

Detailed Plan

To make coordination easier and allow for greater efficiency the city will be broken up into sections starting off at the eastern part of the city moving across from 1 - 24, that may sound a lot but these sections should be done quickly and each section will have their own instructions that can be quickly followed with job notices for the foreman that can be updated by @dav3ck and I (@ooitsbirdo) and by the foreman if they were not able to finish their last job. (section 11 is a special section if you touch you die)

STEP 1: Terrain, we need to first sort out the foundation of the city that mean the terrain, which will need to be redone to make it look like grass has come back into this city, the eastern part of the city will have more overgrowth as it is next to a forest region while the left side will have less greenery.
(Insert image of terrain concept)
This can be done as jobs by our lovely foreman to make our slave (adventurers and commoners) work.

STEP 2: Adding all the Trees, this will be done by me and Dav where we will add all the trees in their right position, and if needed have quick jobs to fix any roots, this step will be done after all the terrain is done across the city.

STEP 3, vegetation, adding flowers and bushes and all that, the pretty part if you think about it, again this can be run through jobs,

STEP 4: Fixing ruins, adapt ruins to its new surrounding this will be a job for the artist and the commoners and adventurer who have shown talent who I would expect to be going for Artist

STEP 5: Building lumber camps and updating the interior of the camps already existing (mainly section 3, 14, 20 and 21 for this) using the new DA blocks. Adding defenced across the outer wall that has been breached and stuff, etc. Again this is a job for the artist and the talented Adventurers and commoner. Add stone fortifications.

STEP 6: Make sure everything looks good and that we didn't **** up this project <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Announcements August 8th, 2018:
The Gondor RP Merge occurred last weekend (thanks to our Head Developer) and so after derp fixing, the project can commence. Also the project leaders are away to around Mid August so even if the derp fixing is completed before we will have to wait till then.

Current Starting Tasks:
- Finishing Concepts: @ooitsbirdo and @dav3ck
- Giving all Foreman the overview: @ooitsbirdo
- Starting first area: @ooitsbirdo
- Planning Build Day: @ooitsbirdo

If you cannot complete you task, (1) contact me, (2) delegate it to someone else. If you see a " ? " and you are in charge of the task, contact me. If you are a designer you can claim it as well or if you are not contact me and we will chat. If you see a task which is not there, please contact me.

THIS PROJECT IS STARTING

Announcements August 26th, 2018:
This project is now starting and will bring many jobs into play. Thank you @dav3ck and @ooitsbirdo for the time you put into the planning and @barteldvn for starting the first job on this project.

Current Tasks Left (Overall):
- Section 1: @ooitsbirdo
- Section 2: @ooitsbirdo
- Rest of areas: @ooitsbirdo
- BUILD DAY PLANNING: @ooitsbirdo

If you cannot complete you task, (1) contact me, (2) delegate it to someone else. If you see a " ? " and you are in charge of the task, contact me. If you are a designer you can claim it as well or if you are not contact me and we will chat. If you see a task which is not there, please contact me.

A Project Review will come later, probably next week so keep on working everyone ;)

Update - Saturday 20th July 2019

So, Osgiliath. As always progress continues. Adventurers, Commoners and Artists have been hard at work in Section 3, adding vegetation and improving the ruining.

As far as completion is concerned, all houses within Area R and F have been accepted thanks to the excellent effort from a number of commoners and artists. Trees are slowly but surely being added by Bart, Ooits and myself.

At the moment, Area A is the main focus. Progress was more or less halted due to my absence these last two weeks, but I'm back today and work will hopefully continue.

On the subject of jobs, Ooits and Slow ran a rather successful one earlier this week. Lag permitting, I myself will try to run a vegetation job this coming week.

Update - Sunday 13th October 2019

Once again, Osgiliath. As I mentioned in the MCME Times earlier this week, Section 3 is nearing it's completion. The only things left now are the completion of the second camp and the pasting of trees, both of which are being worked on. Additionally, the Dome of Stars is slowly but surely gathering a layer of beautiful vegetation under the watchful eyes of Xmine and Bart, both of whom are doing a brilliant job.

Many people have been involved with Section 3 and many more are offering their time to complete plots within Section 4. A few houses have already been accepted and the majority of the split-up areas have been taken up by an overseer, therefore substantially increasing progress.

As far as jobs are concerned, not many are run in Osgiliath. Amazingly however, Ooits of all people ran a job yesterday, working beneath Section 4 upon the smuggling tunnels. I do not expect many, if any, jobs to be run within the walls of Osgiliath, due to houses making up the majority of this final section.

Status
Not open for further replies.