• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were a commoner on your old account, ask a valar and they can promote you on your new one.

Ok so I have a minor problem with my account: I created my mcmiddleearth account before I got the full version of Minecraft and didn't realise that my forum name wasn't available in Minecraft. The reason I'm asking is because I know that those two names should be the same... So should I make a new account and ask a staff member to delete this one or what?

Ok so I have a minor problem with my account: I created my mcmiddleearth account before I got the full version of Minecraft and didn't realise that my forum name wasn't available in Minecraft. The reason I'm asking is because I know that those two names should be the same... So should I make a new account and ask a staff member to delete this one or what?
ask q220 to change your forum name

Not that it's important right now, but if you have an issue you should create a new thread for it rather than posting in somebody else's thread. Just so you know in the future:)

Is the server down right now or why can I not join both the build and the freebuild server?
After entering the server address I wait for a minute with the "logging in" notice in the loading screen and then it sais "failed to connect to server. Timed out"

Is the server down right now or why can I not join both the build and the freebuild server?
After entering the server address I wait for a minute with the "logging in" notice in the loading screen and then it sais "failed to connect to server. Timed out"
yer, there seems to be a few issues right now.

This sort of sucks: I still gotta finish my Theme Build Lockhouse, I have 4 more hours and I can't get on the server

ok the server's been down for at least nine hours now... I'm quite new and I don't know much but does this happen often or has my joining harmed the server?

ok the server's been down for at least nine hours now... I'm quite new and I don't know much but does this happen often or has my joining harmed the server?
Haha, I don't think your joining has harmed the server in anyway possible. Server problems aren't regular but they do occur so please be patient until it's up and running for the time being c:

Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException is what it tells me now, after attempting to connect to the server. I searched around online a bit and it seems a lot worse than simply "timed out". Is anyone else experiencing this and has this happened before?

Edit: Now it immediately tells me " java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: build.mcmiddleeath.com/5.9.85.67:25565 "...

Last edited:
Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException is what it tells me now, after attempting to connect to the server. I searched around online a bit and it seems a lot worse than simply "timed out". Is anyone else experiencing this and has this happened before?

Edit: Now it immediately tells me " java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: build.mcmiddleeath.com/5.9.85.67:25565 "...
Build and Freebuild are down right now.

I have just come back to the project after a long time and whilst exploring the server i suddenly lost my ability to fly after i warped to Edoras and cant regain it warping anywhere else. Is this a bug, a feature or some permitting thing?

I have just come back to the project after a long time and whilst exploring the server i suddenly lost my ability to fly after i warped to Edoras and cant regain it warping anywhere else. Is this a bug, a feature or some permitting thing?

re-logging fixed it so bug i guess, any other bugs i can expect?

Did you warp from plotworld to edoras?
And please post bugs in the bugs section next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.