• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Paths of the Dead Maze Reference

Zibarath

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
Hey there! After some exploration in the under-construction Paths of the Dead, I have managed to throw together a small reference to help guide players past the maze section.
PathsoftheDeadMaze.png

Keep in mind this is no where near to scale and does not represent the passages accurately, it should be used as a reference rather than a map. There are many more passages not shown, but this is all that's necessary (and my hand-drawn maps were getting quite unintelligible). Also keep in mind that this zone is not complete and is subject to change. Likely staff and other artists will be working here in the near future.
Have fun following in the footsteps of the Fellowship!

A quicker route, which bypasses the blocked gate at 4 is to take the left immediately before the passage to 3, bringing you to the branch after 4 with the lake on your left.

Even using the map, I still got lost several times, and I don't have a full grip on the place yet after several runs through it. Finally just used /sethome at the end so I could keep checking on progress without derping around for ten minutes every time.

Even using the map, I still got lost several times, and I don't have a full grip on the place yet after several runs through it. Finally just used /sethome at the end so I could keep checking on progress without derping around for ten minutes every time.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the map is not necessarily the best reference, but it's useful for sort of learning the pattern and what turns you'll encounter. The written directions help more I think. The area can be difficult to get a full grip on just due to the fact that most passages look the same, so I understand your plight!
Just imagine trying to navigate it without any reference!

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the map is not necessarily the best reference, but it's useful for sort of learning the pattern and what turns you'll encounter. The written directions help more I think. The area can be difficult to get a full grip on just due to the fact that most passages look the same, so I understand your plight!
True, true, I managed to make it through myself, however, without any help!......Wait, does making it through myself on the 33rd time count?

Oh, don't get me wrong, it was definitely much better than having no reference at all. I think most of the trouble I had was that I kept thinking "Hmm I wonder where the other side of this goes," wandering away from the path, and then getting completely turned-around.

So apparently desppt is also adding parkour stuff to get to certain points and locations, it will be a challenge to map that out.

Should anyone want spoilers for the newly created "Parkour of the Dead", here is my route from start to finish:

-Start in the small ruin to the left of the start. Climb up the back side of the structure.
-Leap across the "road" and then continually upwards on the structure until you reach the two adjacent blocks shown.
-Leap down to the freestanding pillar, then to the next one which has a stair.
-Leap from that stair to the next and climb that pillar. Jump to the far pillar in the rubble.
-The next jump is tricky. You need to leap all the way around the freestanding architecture to your left. It helps to start your jump from the top right of the stair.
-Jump to the near pillar, beware that you have a block above you as you do so.
-Continue around the structure marked by glowstone and leap to the brick platform attached.
-Jump across the gap to the next brick platform and make your way around right to a protruding stair.
-Leap to the brick platform across, and then to the structure nearby. Climb this ruin.
-Jump to the brick stair to your right, then across to the stone pillar.
-There will be another brick stair nearby. Hop to that and then around the pillar to a set of three.
-Traverse the three and jump to the nearby wall to the next tier up.
-Move to the right wall and jump to the nearby pillar.
-Continue up the brick and stone pillar and leap across the gap to the set of two brick staircases.
-Leap to the pillar to your right and then down to the next pillar as shown.
-Continue across to the stone platform, head left along the side, and leap to the ruined entryway as shown.
-Climb to the top and fall through the small hole.
Congratulations! The path ahead leads to the city within the Paths of the Dead.