• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Pelargir

Next week's themedbuild:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaDIIReD

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
ThemedBuilds
ThemedBuilds run weekly, from Saturday ~9PDT/17GMT onward.
Main:

'Pelargir'
Reference: Tolkien Gateway
Texturepack:
Gondor
'Main' ThemedBuilds are used in applications for the Commoner and Artist ranks.

Poll
Vote for next week's ThemedBuild in the poll above this post. If a topic remains unchosen four consecutive times it will be replaced with another option.
Choices:

Guidelines
By participating in a ThemedBuild you agree to abide by the following guidelines.

Lots:
  • You can find the lots at the freebuild server, at /warp theme.
  • Claim a free lot by placing a sign on the diamond block, and typing your name.
  • You should not leave comment signs on yours, or any other player's builds.
  • One player per lot, no skipping empty lots.
  • Reserved/empty/abandoned lots may be cleared at any time.
  • Any lots that do not follow the guidelines will be removed without warning.
  • Builds should not extend outside of your lot.
  • You may only ask for a Staff member's assistance with blocks that you cannot place. This generally includes water, no-physics materials, and fire. Staff will not help you with terraforming, copy-pasting, flipping or moving your ThemedBuilds.
  • Non-serious builds will result in disqualification from the next week's ThemedBuild.
  • Note! There are a limited number of lots each week. It is your responsibility to complete your build before the end of the ThemedBuild.
Applications:
  • Only work from the 'Main ThemedBuild' will be accepted as part of a Commoner application.
  • All builds submitted in your application must be entirely your own work, and must have been completed during the allotted time.
  • Screenshots should be taken using the texturepack defined at the top of this post.
  • Take at least one screenshot of your build with your lot-sign clearly visible.

Last edited:
Question, exactly what stage of its existence should be the focus? Obviously after the Downfall, but during the siege that occurred during the Kinstrife? During the years after while the power of Gondor failed? After it was sacked and retaken by the Corsairs? Or after Sauron's defeat when it was finally abandoned?

Question, exactly what stage of its existence should be the focus? Obviously after the Downfall, but during the siege that occurred during the Kinstrife? During the years after while the power of Gondor failed? After it was sacked and retaken by the Corsairs? Or after Sauron's defeat when it was finally abandoned?
I would think it should be built in the condition that it was on Bilbo's 111st birthday. However, if you wanted to build it in a different condition, that would be fine too, I think:)

I would think it should be built in the condition that it was on Bilbo's 111st birthday. However, if you wanted to build it in a different condition, that would be fine too, I think:)

Thanks, I'm glad to get away from ruining builds lol.

Is it also good if you make Pelargir, upload it to the Commoner application, and wait for the 2 weeks to pass?
(And no kick or ban of course).

Is it also good if you make Pelargir, upload it to the Commoner application, and wait for the 2 weeks to pass?
(And no kick or ban of course).
Build pelargir and take screenshots, but keep them on your hard drive. When you have been on the server long enough upload the pictures and apply.

Quick questions -
1) How long do I have to complete the build? Until Saturday 17 GMT?
2) Can I then just take a picture and wait until my two weeks are up so I can apply for Commoner or do I have to use the current theme?

Quick questions -
1) How long do I have to complete the build? Until Saturday 17 GMT?
2) Can I then just take a picture and wait until my two weeks are up so I can apply for Commoner or do I have to use the current theme?
1.yes
2.you can use any theme build you have done for your commoner application and artist application.