• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Petition to Add Moria Footprints

I agree with TyGI20. Unlike the path through the Paths of the Dead the path the fellowship took through Moria is well described in the books and so most people would like to walk that exact path to experience the fellowship's experience for themselves and I doubt they would like to constantly have to guess their way forward through the near endless halls of Moria. If you want to guess your way through you can just leave the path whenever you want and try to find your way through any of the literally hundreds other halls in Moria that the fellowship didn't go through yet we built anyways. The fellowship's trip through Moria is such an iconic part of the story I think the experience would be ruined by having to guess your way forward, not knowing for certain if you're actually following the path of the fellowship or not.

@ryttyr that is why I propose having skeletons point the way, instead of the feet, it is something that you have to pay attention to, but not as much as the skeleton skulls such as paths of the dead

@ryttyr that is why I propose having skeletons point the way, instead of the feet, it is something that you have to pay attention to, but not as much as the skeleton skulls such as paths of the dead
I'm not sure how many dwarven skeletons there would actually be in Moria and following skeletons have nothing to do with how the fellowship got through Moria so I think it's more immersive to continue to walk in the footsteps of the fellowship. Besides, the footprints would be far less noticeable in the darkness of Moria than a bunch of skeletons pointing the way, meaning they wouldn't distract as much for those who don't care for following the path and just want to explore.