• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Phe's MCME 2014 Halloween Maps

pheonixsang

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
Anyone who has scrolled for images online of Middle-Earth or viewed the Jackson films can find an appreciation for the maps displayed in these mediums, but for those of us who wander Minecraft Middle-Earth we are not so lucky.

Aided before with only a dynmap we were pretty much left alone to discover the world by ourselves....

But no longer!

Taken from a full resolution image of 24,000 x 22,000 pixels, I've created maps for anyone looking to print off and create a neat poster, or just have a reference image while exploring MCME.

Each map comes in 4 different display sizes:
  • 1460 x 1080
  • 2920 x 2160
  • 5840 x 4320
  • 6218 x 4600 (roughly 1/4th the original resolution of 24k x 22k)
You can also chose between which Maps you would like to use:
  • A parchment emulated map
  • A parchment emulated map with texts
  • A full colored emulated map
  • A full colored emulated map with texts
Samples (these are the lowest resolution maps):

• parchment emulated map

OsGUTBD.jpg

• parchment emulated map with texts
Pk2Mro5.jpg

• full colored emulated map
0xKwmUk.jpg

• full colored emulated map with texts
jt7iRB2.jpg

Enjoy!

Resources used in the creation of these maps:

1. Minecraft Middle-Earth Build Server
  2. JourneyMap Mod w/ Forge
  3. Gimp 2.8
  4. Conquest Resourcepack
  5. MCME Gondor Resourcepack
  6. Custom Tolkienian Text.tff
  7. 26 Hours of patience while flying around to render the map
- Phe

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0eNiGrju78-OFUzQ0o2bUNZeXc/view?usp=sharing

Click the down arrow to download the .rar file

*side note*

Because this was done in October and while portions of the map are under construction (for example: The Misties and Harithilien) some bits of the map are rendered and shown this way.

Last edited:
That's awesome! But the text is barely readable. Couldn't if be black? Or white?

Also it would be so cool if it was a vector, svg file instead of a 24k x 22k raster image.

Last edited:
These are super cool? Might I be so bold as to request major roads be marked? (i.e. great east road, great west road-greenway)

This is like super-awesome!!!

I just recently started to screenshot the dynmap out in little bits to get a map to make a comeback of my old map - map, but now i'd like to ask you @pheonixsang if i possibly cold use your work for that?. I would use Photoshop and will also give the mod a try myself so that i can overlay the areas that are WIP with more up-to-date renders. Thus we'd have a map that can constantly be updated...