• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

phineas777

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyz

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
N.B. I have previously been inactive on the server for quite a while and I am currently learning all of the new builds and server lore.

Minecraft Username: phineas777
Date Joined: 16 June 2013
What country are from? Ireland (GMT).
What time do you usually play online? Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday: between 3:45 PM and 9:00 PM; Wednesday: between 1:30 PM and 9:00 PM; Weekends: between 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
Are you regularly logged onto TeamSpeak? Yes (As said, I was inactive, but I plan to be logged onto TeamSpeak for the whole time that I am on the server).
Do you talk on TeamSpeak? Yes (I plan to be talking on TeamSpeak regularly), Previously, I gave tours through Moria to the Thralls and Commoners (now Adventurers).
What makes a great Guide according to you? A good Guide is one who can be online regularly and talks in TeamSpeak often. A good Guide would keep a public schedule of their tours and plan ahead for future tours, so that players may see when tours are going to happen. They would ensure that their tourists are getting the most amount of Lore possible, as well as explaining server rules and ranks on the way, as I've seen Guides do. A good Guide doesn't take their job too seriously, not in the sense of slacking off work, but in the sense of being friendly and calm, not stern, as that may bore and/or possibly intimidate the newer players. A good Guide would never break from a tour, or stop one suddenly. They would never start talking to a friend about non-tour-related affairs while players are waiting for a tour, as that would possibly discourage the players from continuing tours or going on another tour at all, and that's undesirable, as then players would know little about the Lore of the server and not be willing to gain the information. A good Guide would never keep their tourists waiting (once for 30 minutes :D), as it can get very boring, and I'm speaking from experience. In summary, a good Guide is dedicated, intelligent, friendly and punctual.

Thank you for your application

During your application you may be contacted to demonstrate a Trial Server tour where you will be provided with a location (Prior notice will be given to you to prepare for the tour through a PM). The tour will be appraised based on your ability to conduct yourself with a group of people, how you articulate the information of the location, your communication skills as well as organisation. Note: You must be using a Microphone to conduct the tour

Please note that not everyone will be asked to conduct a trial tour but an application may still be considered.

Each applicant will be evaluated on their merits and their overall character as individual within the Community.

If you have any queries or concerns regarding your application, please do not hesitate to personal message me or one of the current guides. Arkengard, Lady_of_Rohan, or DarthRagnar. Good luck with your application.

Regards,
Dyno (Head Enforcer & Head Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.