• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Proposed update to the Artist Application Requirements

Should the number of theme builds required for an Artist application be increased to two?

• Total voters

ryttyr

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
I wouldn't say that the current Artist application requirements are flawed, in fact I think them rather good and non-confusing but perhaps they could be made more inclusive of what Artists actually needs to show in their application and I'd like your thoughts and opinions on this idea.

Whilst it isn't specified in the Artist application requirements it is said in the Artist Manual that one of the requirements of becoming Artist is to have been on the server for some time and even though the Artist application requirements doesn't mention this an aspiring Artist must show that they are proficient in multiple of the server's different building styles to have a chance of having their application accepted.

So my proposal is that we change the minimum number of required theme builds one has to take part in according to the Artist application requirements from one theme build to two theme builds. This will assure both that the applicant showcases at least two different building styles in their application and that they have to play on the server for at least a week before applying as they'd need to wait for the next theme build. This means that the Application Review Comittee wouldn't have to ask to see more builds from new applicants nearly as often and that overly eager Adventurers can't just apply for Artist within hours of joining for the first time just to lose interest in the server a few days later. The downside of this of course is that naturally talented or already highly gifted builders can't be accepted instantly either and that an applicant who happens to join during a project theme build could have to wait up to three weeks for the next theme build.

So what do you think? Is this a good idea or a bad one?

Last edited:
I disagree with this, we have already significantly made it harder for applicants. First, they have to go through the normal process which we are a lot more strict on so the chance they actually get it on first go is slim. Second, when they pass this they get put on the watchlist, then they receive a challenge in the main map to complete. This is better than two themebuilds because they get to build first with more freedom and then with the same strictness we give all artist.

I disagree with this, we have already significantly made it harder for applicants. First, they have to go through the normal process which we are a lot more strict on so the chance they actually get it on first go is slim. Second, when they pass this they get put on the watchlist, then they receive a challenge in the main map to complete. This is better than two themebuilds because they get to build first with more freedom and then with the same strictness we give all artist.
Didn't realise the acceptance process had been changed along with the new committee. This changes things yeah.

Last edited: