• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glov

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
Good evening, Glov here.
Some of you may recognize my name, for those who don't I am a former MCME Staff Member who was involved in recent events pertaining to this server.

This PSA is being made as a precaution in case the upcoming announcement fails to mention certain events and issues.

I've done my best to express these facts in an objective and non-derogatory fashion. And in respect to the pending announcement I have also not named individuals involved specifically.

Please consider the following events:

-Server Enforcement banned a User for simply being sarcastic.
-Server Enforcement and Administration banned a Member for the actions of a different User that took place on a non-MCME Server. An Administrator later acknowledged the banned user's innocence, but refused to unbanthat user.
-Server Enforcement bullied a User into divulging the contents of a Private conversation that took place on a non-MCME Server.
-Server Enforcement banned a number of Users for making jokes in a Private Conversation
-After being met with backlash; Server Enforcement threatened certain Users with Bans for expressing their discontentment.
-One of the Enforcement Staff involved in a number of these Bans had been previously Banned themselves for abusing their powers as a Moderator.

I would also like to say that regardless of your feelings towards the Users involved, or their actions, there were severe issues in the way that Moderation staff handled this situation, much could have been avoided if not for these shortcomings. And despite how these events are likely to be depicted by Administration these shortcomings need to be acknowledged. Blame cannot and should not be re-allocated to cater to the Moderation Staff. These are blatant issues that need to be addressed for the sake of all MCME users.

As this is meant to be a PSA I respectfully ask an Administrator to lock this thread. @DynoDaring

If this post is deleted it only further exemplifies the issues that are currently present.

Last edited:
You see to act strangefully innocent throughout this post. I'm not saying that the Enforcers handled this well (they didn't at all, no offense you guys) but surely, you, a former staff member, realized what exactly you were doing. You're a smart guy, I doubt you didn't at one point think this whole situation could've been avoided.

I don't really want to pick a side as both sides didn't really handle this well, hopefully this announcement can help fill some of us in with some needed facts.

(I don't really mean to come at you, just thought I'd give my two cents on this. I'd also ask for my response to not get deleted, unless it's required or something)

You *seem to act *strangely innocent throughout this post. I'm not saying that the Enforcers handled this well (they didn't at all, no offense you guys) but surely, you, a former staff member, realized what exactly you were doing. You're a smart guy, I doubt you didn't at one point think this whole situation could've been avoided.

I don't really want to pick a side as both sides didn't really handle this well, hopefully this announcement can help fill some of us in with some needed facts.

(I don't really mean to come at you, just thought I'd give my two cents on this. I'd also ask for my response to not get deleted, unless it's required or something)
Good evening, Glov here.
I would also like to say that regardless of your feelings towards the Users involved, or their actions, there were severe issues in the way that Moderation staff handled this situation, much could have been avoided if not for these shortcomings. And despite how these events are likely to be depicted by Administration these shortcomings need to be acknowledged. Blame cannot and should not be re-allocated to cater to the Moderation Staff. These are blatant issues that need to be addressed for the sake of all MCME users.
Never said anyone was "innocent". Simply that Moderation Staff should be held accountable for their actions. And that they did in fact act against the ToS.

Please Lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.