• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Public Meeting [Sunday, June 18th, 8pm BST]

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey everyone!

I think I promised it a while ago and now I finally present it: Our first proper public meeting maybe ever or at least since a long time! Other than initially intended it won't be a staff meeting where other Ranks can just come and listen, everyone can contribute to the discussion and topics as well! Although I kind of expect that many of our staff members do participate!

To find an optimal date for the meeting here's a doodle where everyone that is interested in attending should enter their availability! Of course unfortuntale it will be impossible to accomodate everyone. The meeting will be recorded and those that missed out can continue to discuss in the Forums afterwards.

Doodle: Doodle: MCME Public Meeting #1

The date will be set within the next few days. Please spread the word so that as many players see this post early enough!

The topics I'd like to discuss from my side are so far (please note: These are suggestions, despite the finite wording sometimes!):
  • Possible changes to the ranks and application process
    • Plugin training courses
      A training course needs to be absolved right after being promoted. Topic of the rank-specific training course is getting familiar with all new plugins one gets access to. Currently there are a lot of new plugins that are only used very rarely mainly because many are not familiar with the possibilities and commands of these plugins. The courses would be:
      - Artist: Armorstand Editor, Banner Editor, Custom inventory training, Other Architect functions (Custom heads, painting switcher)
      - Guide: Minigames plugin (including maintenance of quiz questions), Tour plugin, PVP, Guidebook
      - Designer: Plotbuild Plugin, Animations Plugin (soon), Auto-Teleport plugin, Randomisation tool, Stencil List Editor, WorldEdit, VoxelSniper
      - Enforcer: Prism

The courses would not be optional! Every newly promoted player has to complete all courses! Of course any of these can be taught by another player, especially more complex tools like Voxel and Prism, but still the courses should be completed. The courses should cover the plugins in depth, not only the commonly used aspects. These would also allow to return to a course later again, if some plugin's handling has gotten unclear over time.

• Current builds needed for Artist applications
      Aspiring Artists need to hand in screenshots of at least one build either being part of or else having the same style as each of the major ongoing projects. Currently this would mean one build in the style of Moria (CoL house, pillar, wall ornament, ...) and a house, tower, similar of Dol Amroth need to be built and submitted with the app. This is to ensure that Artists are truly ready for the things they will work on immediately after their promotion.

• Further training for Artists
      The idea was voiced to have some sort of "jobs for Artists", means supervised Artist building occasions. This would be to review the Artists' building skills and being able to right away give feedback.
  • Jobs for Guides
    Quick rundown and discussion of what projects Guides can work on when they're not otherwise busy.

• RPG plugin / map / server
    Our devs are currently working on an RPG plugin. It is however not set yet where this should come to use, should it be on the main map, a separate map or an all separate server?

• Project reviews
    Quick look at where projects stand, what may need to be changed and what will happen next.

• New Gondor pack: Tips and tricks
    The new Gondor has quite a few differences to the old one. The big plus is the largely increased amount of blocks, but the downside are some technical challenges. It's necessary that you get to know all that specifically applies to this pack, so that you're able to use it to its full potential.

• Staff Meetings vs Public Meetings?
    Should we have further public meetings? Can public meetings replace some or even all of the staff meetings?
If you've got further topics to discuss please voice them below!

Last edited:
training course as in like an actual course or just a block of instruction?
like the builder school, so explained with signs or whatever and then it says "now flip this thing and paste it here" or "look up all players who broke or placed stone blocks in moria in the past two weeks".

I assume all current Artists/Guides+ will have to go these courses as well but will current Artists have to show screenshots of Moria and DA builds they've made too?

Current probably not as they have already acquired artisthood, though they should keep updated on the styles. Also don't the guides have a pair system, so each new guide gets coupled with an old guide who teaches the young one the commands and such?

Current probably not as they have already acquired artisthood, though they should keep updated on the styles. Also don't the guides have a pair system, so each new guide gets coupled with an old guide who teaches the young one the commands and such?
But would that work if an old guide becomes a guide again, because he is already an old guide so the partnered old guide to the old guide will be the new guide compered to the old guide. riddle me that b***h

But would that work if an old guide becomes a guide again, because he is already an old guide so the partnered old guide to the old guide will be the new guide compered to the old guide. riddle me that b***h
The old guide returning to the rank would probably be seen as a 'new guide' and would be reminded of the commands and taught any new ones. Riddled?

The doodle should recognise your time zone and display the times in your local time!

I added two more topics, and I'll settle for the date this evening! Right now I tend for this week's Saturday, 6pm BST, 7pm CEST, unless the upcoming weekend really gets better votes. Its a bit easier to keep myself free this weekend tho.

Spread the word if you log in today, so we get some more votes!