• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Question

J_Rolo

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hello, I'm new to MCME. I was wondering if there is a way that I can download the map that the server is currently using. Not separate pieces of the map, the entire map. I promise not to use the map for any other purpose other than exploring in single-player.

Hello, I'm new to MCME. I was wondering if there is a way that I can download the map that the server is currently using. Not separate pieces of the map, the entire map. I promise not to use the map for any other purpose other than exploring in single-player.
From the Terms of Service:

Prohibited Behavior

You agree NOT TO:

• Use or encourage others to use the Network for any illegal purpose.
  • Impersonate any members in the game or on any other web site.
  • Make unsolicited or inappropriate offers, advertisements or proposals for goods, services or other commercial activities.
  • Interfere with any security-related features of the Network.
  • Harass, bully, intimidate or abuse users of our Network.
  • Release or distribute server access information without Staff consent.
  • Save (in any form other than temporary Minecraft or browser server packets required for viewing and intended interaction), reproduce, mimic, or otherwise copy any content on the Network, for either personal use or public distribution, unless you you hold the sole, original copyright on that content.
  • Release or distribute any server content.
  • Share any account or login information with another party in order to access the Network.
So, no, you may not download the map.

Just hop on the main server and explore there. You can ask guides for tours and even help building. Just ask around and read the new player guide for more info.