• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Rammas Echor- More repair areas

How many repairs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will_Slams

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
Creating a thread in the Jobs and Projects section cuz yolo

So, I got permission from @Credoo to add some more areas on Rammas Echor where repairs of the wall are ongoing. This won't take very long at all, but you know, people look at the Jobs section when they need... jobs. Anyhow, I don't think I need project staff and all that jazz, just you know... have common sense about what to do, when to do it, when to stop, you know.

FINISHED
We are going to be adding two large repair areas on the Eastern/Northeastern Rammas Echor, as well as one small repair area. We will also add repairs to the Harlond gate, and the south road entrance.

Map:
2gcywUh.png

Green= Done
Purple= Lore happened! (Done)
Northernmost- Done
Easternmost- Done
South- Done
Yellow= Done

Step 1: Check to see how many areas are still needed. Make sure we don't already have enough.
Step 2: Find one of those parts of the wall that is still intact (more than just small rubble piles or lines in the ground)
Step 3: Remove vines and most of the mossy bricks, and get rid of rubble on the ground in the immediate area around your section.
Step 4: Pretty it up a bit, fill in holes and other missing things, etc.
Step 5: Repair efforts. Build scaffolding over larger areas that are missing, like the sides. Make sure there are ladders or other ways that the workers would access any part of the wall they need to. Have smaller platforms supported by fence posts, have larger/higher-up/more weight-bearing platforms supported by logs. Possibly add a crane. Use the gate at Forannest as an example.
Step 6: More repair things off of the wall: have piles of bricks for buildings, piles of crates and chests, put in a few carts(like just one, maybe two, possibly three if it's a big section) with building supplies like more bricks, chests, or other things.
Step 7: Party.
Step 8: Immediately catch flack for forgetting a crucial step. Add crucial step.
Step 9: Then party.

#jetfordesigner2k14
#nopeiwouldbetheworstdesigner

Last edited:
I would just like to point out that having repairs spread across the wall like this is not realistic. I think denethor would have been slightly more intelligent than getting people to repair 8 random spots along the walls because:
1. It is not defensively sound as if you just have small bits, the enemy can just walk around the wall! If you have one or two longer bits they will have to make a longer detour.
2. Linking on to my first point - why put defenses away from a path and facing all directions? Large amounts of troops would travel along a path, not through fields. Also, defense would be stationed facing mordor and south near harlong along the anduin, as those are where the main attacks would originate.
3. From a more practical rather than defensive point of view, I cannot see, in a short time, builders being sent with large amounts of bricks and equipment through fields. It is more probable they repair the areas around major roads than in the middle of nowhere or on a small path...

Anyway, that's just my two cents,
-nat

I would just like to point out that having repairs spread across the wall like this is not realistic. I think denethor would have been slightly more intelligent than getting people to repair 8 random spots along the walls because:
1. It is not defensively sound as if you just have small bits, the enemy can just walk around the wall! If you have one or two longer bits they will have to make a longer detour.
2. Linking on to my first point - why put defenses away from a path and facing all directions? Large amounts of troops would travel along a path, not through fields. Also, defense would be stationed facing mordor and south near harlong along the anduin, as those are where the main attacks would originate.
3. From a more practical rather than defensive point of view, I cannot see, in a short time, builders being sent with large amounts of bricks and equipment through fields. It is more probable they repair the areas around major roads than in the middle of nowhere or on a small path...

Anyway, that's just my two cents,
-nat
I completely agree,

It may be good to simply have 2, maybe 3, areas of work strategically placed against incoming attacks. One would assume the areas nearest to Osgiliath would be points of contention and thereby may need to be fortified first before securing other openings

I completely agree,

It may be good to simply have 2, maybe 3, areas of work strategically placed against incoming attacks. One would assume the areas nearest to Osgiliath would be points of contention and thereby may need to be fortified first before securing other openings
I completely agree,

Alright then. Lemme have a day or two to figure this out, but that does sound like a better idea.

Until further notice, just build 3, 4, and 5, if anyone wants to.

Ok so, just to see what people generally think of this:

3-4 repair areas on Mordor-facing wall, and 2 areas on Harad-facing wall sound good?

Also remember, it is seventeen years before the War of the Ring, so the repairs are just getting started. They aren't really meant to keep anything out yet.

Ok so, just to see what people generally think of this:

3-4 repair areas on Mordor-facing wall, and 2 areas on Harad-facing wall sound good?

Also remember, it is seventeen years before the War of the Ring, so the repairs are just getting started. They aren't really meant to keep anything out yet.
That is still a bit too many imo. I would suggest 2 on the Mordor-facing side and 1 south

I would suggest 1 or 2 instead of 3 or 4 because 3 and 4 are on the Anduin and 1 and 2 are just after Osgiliath, the main Anduin crossing place.

the Harlond gate would be under repair first just for the convenience of the road. A lot of Minas Tirith's trade goods are either imported or exported through Harlond, so the road from there to the city would be well-traveled. The causeway forts would also probably be under some construction.

I would suggest 1 or 2 instead of 3 or 4 because 3 and 4 are on the Anduin and 1 and 2 are just after Osgiliath, the main Anduin crossing place.
We're not talking about the specific section ID's right now, we're talking about how many to build.
the Harlond gate would be under repair first just for the convenience of the road. A lot of Minas Tirith's trade goods are either imported or exported through Harlond, so the road from there to the city would be well-traveled. The causeway forts would also probably be under some construction.
The Causeway Forts are those two unruined towers on the road to Osgo, right?

Only thing about that would mean that the terrain around osgo & minas would be a huge flood plain (relitively flat ground) or else there would be no use for a causeway :S.

Ok, ima do this:
@Credoo what do you think of these things? Are these a Vala decision or can we put them to a community vote?

Suggestions/Possibilities for outer Pelennor/Rammas Echor:

Small number of repair areas: two to three.
1.5. Make up to two of those three rather larger.
2. Ruin Causeway Forts.
2.5. Add the actual causeway.
3. Repairs on Harlond gate.
4. Remove repairs on Forannest gate.

If anyone notices anything that I missed, please tell.