• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled RandomGuy31174's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random3117

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Date: Feb 20th 2021

Jobs and Plotbuilds:
-Maski plot in belfalas roads near dol amroth
-Maski plot in belfalas near dol amroth Road leading up to tombs and tombs
-Maski plot in ironmere roads in city
-Belroad3.3 Maski Job

Themed-builds:
Easter 317 13 56800
Green Dragon Inn 691 30 56911

Additional Builds: Freebuild Spot-8260 74 5807

Your interests: I have always like building in Gondor style, but liked it when I built caves and mountains. My main interest is still Gondor, but for just myself I like building terrain, trees, and rivers.

Your motivation:
This server is great and I would love to help. This server helped me get into Middle Earth. Without it I would not be watching the extended editions of all the movies, or reading the silmarillion (slowly). I probably wouldn't have even read Two Towers and Return of the King. I was reading fellowship when I first joined, and I was only reading it because I had to. But then I joined this server and saw people so passionate about Tolkien and his works that for over 10 years they are trying to re-create it. And that got me reading the rest of the series, and more. And I would love to help. Through out my time on the server, I have met incredible people who showed me that Middle Earth is an amazing place. Also I saw a lot of UwUs for some reason. I would love to help build and also I would love to get another person loving LOTR and Middle Earth as much as I did. I haven't been on the server for too terribly long, but I would love to help build and make this incredible place that Tolkien made. Plus also I love building.

Hey RandomGuy,

Thank you for applying for artist. We will discuss your app soon and get back to you with some feedback to help you move forward. In the meantime, keep building!

When you update future builds, try to make an individual album for them, and be sure to have pictures in there that show the details of your build.
Don't worry about including pictures from jobs, unless you think it shows off a particular skill you haven't demonstrated yet.

Badger

Oh right have to update this. Well small update.
Jobs: belroad.last Maski Job
New FB location: 3550 23 5794
Tower themebuild(Barad Dur): 349 44 58800

Last edited:
Hey Random,
We would love to see a completed theme build in a current server style, done to the best of your ability. You can either go back to an previous theme that you a have a plot for but didn't get round to building, or an upcoming theme - tomorrow's theme is the Moria Treasury!
Look forward to see what you come up with!

I am sorry badger but yet still more mordor.

Did a few jobs but they were just the ones replacing the paintings.

Anyway Mordor time

Im going to have to press pause on this as I do some other things for like a month or 2 so :/

Perhaps in that time I'll get you your themebuild

My dear Random, you have yet to fulfil the minimum requirements for an artist app, so in my view there is nothing to pause. I see you've also applied for guide and so we're all a little confused as to what it you want to do on the server. While some artists may become guides over time and vis versa, you can't apply for both at the same time as it's very hard to see where your commitments lie and how you will fulfil your roles. I suggest having a think about what role you think you would enjoy the most and what you could bring the most to, and then pick one or the other. Both your applications have been brief, confused, and lackluster - it seems you haven't properly decided on or understand either role! Give these processes the propper consideration and I'm sure the answer will come :) There are people on the build and guide teams who dedicate a lot of their time and care to help people develop their skills and achieve these roles, so please value their time by being a bit more clear in your intentions.

Ok to clear up some stuff, because I definitely handled this not so good, I am basically cancelling my artist app. I would love to build on this server, but unfortunately the two styles you are currently building in, dwarven and gondor, are not my favorite to build in. I love seeing builds but actually building the buildings in gondor or anything in dwarven I can not build well, or really enjoy building. Its Eriador and Mordor that I love building in, but neither of those are being built in currently. So when I say pause I mean pause until we are revamping Eriador or starting Mordor, which may be a while. Also I started thinking about it and realized being a guide would be cool, which was actually completely unrelated to stopping my app. I am 100% commited to the guide app. So that should hopefully clear up the confusion, which I 100% made.

Status
Not open for further replies.