• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Recording on the Server

RobG1fan

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hi everyone

I have been on the server for several years now but never used the forum, so firstly it’s good to meet you all. Now over the past couple of days i have been recording on the server for a new series on my gaming channel (link below). I idea is to recreate the journey that Frodo and Sam took to destroy the one ring, using the server. On the way i shall be talking about the history and lore of certain locations i came across on my journey and anything of interest. I will be trying to sick to the path they took as near as i can using the books and films as reference and despite the server not being finished, i will endeavour to finish the journey.

I have already filmed the first episode (below) in which i journey from hobbiton to Gildor's Camp, however it would be great to get some feedback from you guys on it.

Also i will be looking for people to help me out on future episodes, such as rivendell and moria, who knows the lore of a certain location or who worked on the build as their will be a lot to cover.

Thanks for reading this, i look forward to your feedback

I really like the format, it seems professional and interesting.

However I can't hold it back that there are some flaws, especially regarding Lore in your video. Mainly the route you take is far beyond what would be the most lore-accurate route. Here's a map; orange markes your route, green the lore-appropriate one.

2a6jzoy.jpg

In fact, the fellowships/Hobbit's route is marked out on the map with footprint textures on the floor. If you follow them, the will lead you the right way. Currently they end in Rivendell though as the terrain between there and Lothlórien is still being worked on.

So i'd really like it if you continued this series, but you could think of taking a second attempt on this first episode, because as you see, you didnt hit the right path the first time ;)

Nice video:) I can't help pointing out a few things though:
  • It's nowhere near 1:1, more like 1:100. I believe Middle Earth in 1:1 would be about the size of Europe.
  • The village is called "Hobbiton," not "Hobbington."
  • There was no inn in Hobbiton called the Ivory Bush as far as I'm aware. You may be referring to the Ivy Bush, which is a bit east of Bywater.
  • Technically, the Fellowship was disbanded at Amon Hen when Boromir died and Frodo and Sam left. If you are strictly following the path of the Fellowship, you should stop at that area around Rauros. While Frodo and Sam didn't see Isengard or Minas Tirith, part of the Fellowship did, so you may as well go there:p
You've got some pretty nice lore overall though, just those few mistakes. I like the video:D

I really like the format, it seems professional and interesting.

However I can't hold it back that there are some flaws, especially regarding Lore in your video. Mainly the route you take is far beyond what would be the most lore-accurate route. Here's a map; orange markes your route, green the lore-appropriate one.

2a6jzoy.jpg

In fact, the fellowships/Hobbit's route is marked out on the map with footprint textures on the floor. If you follow them, the will lead you the right way. Currently they end in Rivendell though as the terrain between there and Lothlórien is still being worked on.

So i'd really like it if you continued this series, but you could think of taking a second attempt on this first episode, because as you see, you didnt hit the right path the first time ;)
Firstly thanks for the support and the clarification on the route. I was researching with several different sites/references which all said a different route so i based it on a coalition of all of them. I shall look out for the footprints when marking my next episode and i will go back and record the first episode, but not yet, i want to get further into the series before i do. I hope to see you on the sever and your more than welcome on an episode, if there is a certain location you like in particular just say. Cya on the sever

By the way do you know of any maps such as the one you created above that gives a visual view of their path on the sever?

Nice video:) I can't help pointing out a few things though:
  • It's nowhere near 1:1, more like 1:100. I believe Middle Earth in 1:1 would be about the size of Europe.
  • The village is called "Hobbiton," not "Hobbington."
  • There was no inn in Hobbiton called the Ivory Bush as far as I'm aware. You may be referring to the Ivy Bush, which is a bit east of Bywater.
  • Technically, the Fellowship was disbanded at Amon Hen when Boromir died and Frodo and Sam left. If you are strictly following the path of the Fellowship, you should stop at that area around Rauros. While Frodo and Sam didn't see Isengard or Minas Tirith, part of the Fellowship did, so you may as well go there:p
You've got some pretty nice lore overall though, just those few mistakes. I like the video:D
Thanks for the clarification of those points, i do pronounce certain words differently, but I’ll remember that in the future. I may do several special episodes that cover Isengard and Minas Tirith, but that will be a long way off yet. Thanks for the like, you are more than welcome to come on an episode, especially if there is a location you are fond of. Hope to hear from you, cya on the server :)

There is indeed a map, at least for the section Bagend - Bree.

30935hf.jpg

Bree-Rivendell is pretty straight then:
  • Bree
  • Chetwood
  • Midgewater Marshes
  • Weatherhills
  • Weathertop
  • Lone Lands
  • Last Bridge
  • Trollshaws
  • Ford of Bruinen
  • Rivendell.
However if you'd find it useful to have a map of that too, just tell me and ill gladly make one (isnt too much work)

There is indeed a map, at least for the section Bagend - Bree.

30935hf.jpg

Bree-Rivendell is pretty straight then:
  • Bree
  • Chetwood
  • Midgewater Marshes
  • Weatherhills
  • Weathertop
  • Lone Lands
  • Last Bridge
  • Trollshaws
  • Ford of Bruinen
  • Rivendell.
However if you'd find it useful to have a map of that too, just tell me and ill gladly make one (isnt too much work)
Wow you are very kind indeed, thank you. I like to work with a visual aid when planning the episodes and this helps a lot. I may take you up on your offer of another map further down the road, but for now i have plenty to work with. If there is anything i can do i return, let me know. You have to come on the series now :)

So here is that map; just felt like doing it and actually wanted to do it for a longer time already:

Bagend - Rivendell
Color Code:
█████ - Major locations
█████ - Other points of interest
█████ - Regions
█████ - Rivers
█████ - Forests
█████ - Other locations close to route

VsqXH42.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/VsqXH42.jpg

A more detailed description of the route can be found here:
http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html

Ha, loads of feedback on the info! Lots to take in at once. I noticed a few things too:
- 75% of the work is NOT yet done. I don't think we are even halfway with the project. Maybe around the 40% mark but we have not done 75% yet. No way. Not at all. God no.
- Only the first 2 books of lotr can be called finished as we are working on the third book at the moment. This means that Gondor isn't finished yet as well as anything from the hobbit past rivendell.

Really delighted to see videos like this, keep it up man! Can't wait for episode 2