• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Resource pack not downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotAmongUs

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hello,

I'm a new player and I joined the server for the first time today.

As it is recommended to use the server-own resource pack, I confirmed the pop-up-message shown in Minecraft in order to start the download.
The resource pack is about 3 megabytes in size, so in theory it should download fairly quick (as my internet speed is something about 40 mbit/s).
The issue is that I'm now stuck in the download screen for more than half an hour and it goes up about 1 percent per minute (I use the vanilla version of Minecraft 1.16.3 as requested).

I alternatively tried to download the resource pack from the linked website but I faced the same issue there (my webbrowser is the latest Version of Chrome).
If I try to download resource packs on any other server, the download progresses at the expected rate without any issues.
My question is, if this issue is caused by me or the server, thus If I would be able to fix it myself.

I hope that my question will be answered soon, as I'm excited to explore your map with the resource pack.

Best regards,

NotAmongUs

Hey NotAmongUs,
on first sight you seem to do everything right. Not sure what the problem might be.

I just tried to download Eriador pack: Eriador Pack

Took a second only for me. Could you try this download?

Hey NotAmongUs,
on first sight you seem to do everything right. Not sure what the problem might be.

I just tried to download Eriador pack: Eriador Pack

Took a second only for me. Could you try this download?
Hello again,

I tried to download it but it still takes approximately 40 Minutes to download now. The previous download is still going and currently at 30 Minutes left (I started the download about half a hour ago).
I've also tried to use different webbrowsers (Microsoft Edge and Firefox) but they show the same results.
My internet connection also doesn't show any issues right now, my router seems to work fine.

I don't have any idea of why this only happens with downloads related to this server as you said that it works fine for you.
I think it is an issue on my side but I can't figure out what the cause of it is.

Still thanks for the quick response!

Maybe this direct GitHub download link for Eriador pack works for you: https://github.com/MCME/RP-Eriador/releases/download/v2.0/Eriador.zip
Unfortunately it also didn't work.
5 Minutes ago, I got kicked from the server because I didn't move for 30 minutes (that was just the afk timer) but when I rejoined, I got the following error message:

screen.png

Note: I don't experience any lag on the server, thus it cannot be an issue with my connection. Only the download of the resource pack doesn't work properly.

I think I'm going to wait for the download to finish and then see if it worked, even though it will take some time.
In the meantime I will start exploring the map (I hope that it won't affect the gameplay too much if i don't use the resource pack).

If the GitHub link doesn't work it must be something with your connection as GitHub is completely independent from MCME. Maybe some firewall or proxy issue at your side?

I guess... he is no longer among us! Closing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.