• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Suggestion Respectful Resignation Messages

greencaver

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Our current resignation messages in the Times are outrageous and disrespectful! Many dedicated members of MCME volunteer years of dedication and months of playtime to the server, and they get a mere "X has been around for ages and has done a lot for the server in that time. Farewell and hope to see you return!" as their farewell message. Everyone who contributes time and effort toward the server and its community should receive, at the very least, a solid paragraph encompassing the plethora of different ways they supported the server as well as several quotes from other community members discussing the highlights of the people who are resigning. It's important that everyone is recognized for their endeavors, and it would be greatly beneficial for the community to learn who worked on which project, led which events, etc.

#makemcmegreatagain

Then why didn't you apply for the position of the rank reporter?

Attachments

• 1703416287018.png
    1703416287018.png
    527.9 KB · Views: 48
Then why didn't you apply for the position of the rank reporter?

I'm not sure if you actually read it yourself buddy, but it says "we're looking for who is capable of writing short goodbye and welcome notes for all the promotions and resignations on MCME". I also didn't read the times until a couple days ago, so I assumed the position was already taken. If you gave me vala I would stop making suggestions and do everything myself, like people always seem to suggest, but the point of suggestions is to suggest things to the people who can actually make changes. Unfortunately, those changes rarely seem to be made.

Last edited:
Our current resignation messages in the Times are outrageous and disrespectful! Many dedicated members of MCME volunteer years of dedication and months of playtime to the server, and they get a mere "X has been around for ages and has done a lot for the server in that time. Farewell and hope to see you return!" as their farewell message. Everyone who contributes time and effort toward the server and its community should receive, at the very least, a solid paragraph encompassing the plethora of different ways they supported the server as well as several quotes from other community members discussing the highlights of the people who are resigning. It's important that everyone is recognized for their endeavors, and it would be greatly beneficial for the community to learn who worked on which project, led which events, etc.

#makemcmegreatagain
Never thought I’d agree with this man, but he makes a valid point

I'm not sure if you actually read it yourself buddy, but it says "we're looking for who is capable of writing short goodbye and welcome notes for all the promotions and resignations on MCME". I also didn't read the times until a couple days ago, so I assumed the position was already taken. If you gave me vala I would stop making suggestions and do everything myself, like people always seem to suggest, but the point of suggestions is to suggest things to the people who can actually make changes. Unfortunately, those changes rarely seem to be made.
Hi greencaver, thank you for the suggestion. As your assumption was correct, the role is indeed taken up by Sam atm.
If you have any more suggestions or questions about the Times, even if the roles are already filled, you are more than welcome to do so in a forum post or a DM to either Cherry or me (which we would see and respond to a little bit quicker).

For the time being, we always had short notes. We are a bit limited by the amount of space we have for them and are dependent on what the reporters deliver us. If there is interest in longer goodbye messages in the Times and Sam is willing to put in the work for it, we are open to seeing if we can fit those in.