• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Finished Retexturing Netherwarts to Onions

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hi guys,

I realized that there is one more "crop" texture that can be redone. Currently the nether warts are either carrots or tomatoes depending on the resourcepack, which are both taken care of by different textures.

With that, I would love some feedback on possible crops to retexture nether warts as. It should be something that is relatively common and please keep in mind that it will have to be placed on soul sand instead of crops. I am currently considering retexturing as cotton onions

Thanks.

Last edited:
[SUCCESS]Everywhere placeable Onions were added to Architect plugin.[/SUCCESS]

Btw there is another "crop" texture you could redo, @Fireinferno13. I noticed that Melon Stem (ID 105) and Pumpkin Stem (ID 104) textures are identical in all resource packs.

boop - netherwarts sink into the block so the onion bulb gets kinda lost. That being said I want to wait to adjust the height until I see how this looks on soil using the Architect plugin. Anyways, thoughts?
NzBjYxu.png

Looks good, but maybe a bit too similar to carrots?

You can test with Architect plugin at devserver. Also you can voxel onions on soil: /b s cp with /v 115 and /vi 0 - 3

Maybe you can try to imitate the leaf structure as on this pic to make it distinguishable from carrots:
800px-ARS_red_onion.jpg
So all leaves straight and also respect that brighter area in the center.
Also: The fully grown state does not necessarily have to occupy the entire block height, maybe thats also something you can tweak around with.

Looks good, but maybe a bit too similar to carrots?

You can test with Architect plugin at devserver. Also you can voxel onions on soil: /b s cp with /v 115 and /vi 0 - 3
What is the IP and do I have to be whitelisted to join? (you can PM me details if such is not public) I can check it out sometime this week
Maybe you can try to imitate the leaf structure as on this pic to make it distinguishable from carrots:
So all leaves straight and also respect that brighter area in the center.
Also: The fully grown state does not necessarily have to occupy the entire block height, maybe thats also something you can tweak around with.
Yeah I can work on this. Its somewhat difficult to have so many individual pixels originating from a 1 or 2 pixel wide segment however I will give it another swing.

Keep in mind that netherwarts are used in the Dead Marshes though, but I heard that the Dead Marshes will be moved to the Mordor rp?

Keep in mind that netherwarts are used in the Dead Marshes though, but I heard that the Dead Marshes will be moved to the Mordor rp?
No idea which rp, but they will be rebuild most probably

No idea which rp, but they will be rebuild most probably
Yes Dead Marshes will be moved to Mordor (right @bender400 ?)

Anyways I will finish this eventually! Very busy with thesis and studies and I tried to do this on a plane ride a while back but unfortunately Gimp (which I use for texture editting) crashed and I had to redownload (which I didnt get around to until this week)

Anyways I will finish this eventually! Very busy with thesis and studies and I tried to do this on a plane ride a while back but unfortunately Gimp (which I use for texture editting) crashed and I had to redownload (which I didnt get around to until this week)
I think Dead Marshes will be be moved to rohan for have the same blocks with emin muil and nindalf

That was the original plan I had with fin, but it isn't anything set in stone.

Ask and thou shall receive - here is a new variation with elongated stems in order to look more distinct from carrots. Feedback is appreciated, and if people like these I would be happy to create a red onion variant of this (though I am not sure how we could use both textures on the same block?)
(@Eriol_Eandur can you make it possible to place nether warts on soil?)

jOuy4Qg.png

FXd1erI.png

Awesome!!!!

I think placeable netherwarts are already in /get plants. If not it will be no problem to do. The red variant would need additional free block states, we could could use sugar cane states.

Could you try fitting in a fourth stage somewhere? Most crops (actually including netherwarts even tho vanilly MC has only 3 textures) have four stages.

Thanks a lot Fire! I might not merge all your submissions yet, I want to add new textures no earlier than when I got the pack re-organisation settled (will be my main focus during christmas to new year break)