• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Rock/flower

Kisos

Hardcore MCME-er
Supporter
Credits
XP
Filename:
Resource Pack and Location:
Eriador, flower_tulip_red
Texture description:Its a rock for the path to rivendell
Reference:Dont really have one. Just copied our stone texture and added some moss to the bottom
Forum Title: Rock/flower
Filename:http://www.mediafire.com/view/f0a1bdrm7g79qma/flower_tulip_red.png
Resource Pack: Eriador
Texture description: Its a flower that is a rock!
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? No has not been. Used for the path to Rivendell, cause in lore there are stones leading the way there
Texture image:
inDVB9CvmOGTj.png

Ingame Image:
ib1puttSfNcZfn.png

Additional Concept Image:

Last edited:
can we make suggestions on these threads or are they purely for the submissions?

make the grass/moss part higher and hide the rock more

Sadly it was deemed that we are unable to find a use this texture due to how flower textures work in a 2D nature. Perhaps in the future with 3D textures we could revisit this as a suggestion. However, thank you for your submission and I hope to see you work on more things in future.

Okay reviving this as I am currently working on the High Moors. @kisos I need something like this and I think your texture may work out quite well; however I'd like to request a few changes:
  • As base, use the brighter (white) stone texture from the gondor pack; these stones are explicitly mentioned to be white.
  • Remove the grass from the stone; first of theres anyway enough greenery in the Moors, secondly this kind of "blending" the texture with the surroundings is not really necessary as it is normal that we have sharp borders between the textures.
@lizzy_, I honestly dont get your concern, the texture works just fine for me.

@Finrod_Amandil I disagree with the second bullet point. To quote from le book "The only path was marked with white stones, some of which were small, and others were half covered with moss or heather."
I don't know how alternate textures work but it might be cool if we just had two variants, one with and one without moss.
I would say more moss than is on the current texture though. Perhaps half-covered like in the quote.

@Finrod_Amandil I disagree with the second bullet point. To quote from le book "The only path was marked with white stones, some of which were small, and others were half covered with moss or heather."
I don't know how alternate textures work but it might be cool if we just had two variants, one with and one without moss.
I would say more moss than is on the current texture though. Perhaps half-covered like in the quote.
They will be hard to see even if no moss is on them; the high moor design I chose now is so stuffed with grass and heather that these stones easily can still be seen as grass/moss covered even if the actual texture has none on it.

Tis texture is great, but I noticed it took the place of an already used flower, so there are now plenty white egg-shaped Rivendell rocks all over Eriador (look at the palace garden in Annúminas if you want an exemple). Couldn't it replace another flower?

Tis texture is great, but I noticed it took the place of an already used flower, so there are now plenty white egg-shaped Rivendell rocks all over Eriador (look at the palace garden in Annúminas if you want an exemple). Couldn't it replace another flower?
I checked all larger Eriador locations now and replaced the rocks with similar flowers (that have, unlike the former white tulip already a custom texture) However if still some leftover rocks are found (e.g. in flower pots) please report them in the derp report thread!