• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Roel2005 Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roel2005

Aspiring Member
Commoner
Credits
XP
  • Date: I first joined on October 22 2014 but i became more active about 2 months ago.
  • Jobs and Plotbuilds: I've done quite some jobs: stalls in Rohan with Nic, Rohan farms with Nic, Redoing rooves in Rohan with Nic, Gondor Farm walls with Bartel, Ruining in Moria with Nic, Moria stalls with Nic and some Derpfixing in Osgo with Pants (2x) i've done 1 plotbuild so far and that would be a house in the second dwelling of Moria:
  • Themed-builds: I have done 3 themed builds already: The watchtower (600, 5, 33324), the temple (146, 5, 33482) and Carn Dum (-50, 5, 33694)
  • Additional Builds: I've built a little town in singleplayer, but don't have any screens as the world got corrupted
  • Your interests: I mostly like building in the styles of Rohan, Gondor and Eriador.
  • Your motivation: I love seeing all the projects on MCME and i would also like to help all the WIP projects grow in a bigger way then just jobs and plotbuilds. As i love building i'd love to help out on the projects here on MCME so other people can join and enjoy everything MCME has to offer.

Last edited:
Well Roel Ive only seen you online recently like one time, im not so active nowadays, but anyway, when I saw you online I saw your temple themed build and I was amazed. Its just such a wellmade ruin. Also I like your app layout and the way you are presenting it its semi-proffessional .
Only one tip: try and use shaders in your screenshots it will make a world of difference cause now the builds tend to look boring wich they really arent.
But overal dude great application I look forward to see u in the purple legion!!!

Pretty good. I see you've done the improvements. For the temple theme, I think you can remove the stalls completely. They wouldn't survive that long. And also considering how much the surrounding houses are ruind the temple could be ruined a just a bit more.

Really nice builds here, I think if there is anything to improve on in your builds it is shape- the overall structure of a build, especially in your larger builds like carn dum. A large build is kind of like a fractal of details generally, you have it detailed on the larger scale and then you zoom in and add more detail, which could mean things from having towers to buttresses to cracks in the bricks, whereas on the larger scale your carn dum is rather plain and needs more detail, but your smaller scale is fine.
This doesn't really matter for the requirements, and I think on the smaller scales which are where the artists generally work in, you are very good at it.
Also show more of your builds, you have many screenshots but many of them are in shaders / have limiting views of the actual build, and it would be far better to have non-shaders overview shots of each build.

Your artist application is now under Watchlist, congratulations, you will be contacted privately by one of the Artist Committee on what you must do for your final challenge. Congrats @Roel2005 !

Your artist application is now under Watchlist, congratulations, you will be contacted privately by one of the Artist Committee on what you must do for your final challenge. Congrats @Roel2005 !
Finally! Good luck Roel, one step closer to artist, Im sure you will make it!

Hello @Roel2005 ,

Your application has been accepted! Congratulations to the Purple Legion! Lindolas and I both approve of your plots. He will help you get started if you need it as long as you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.