• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted RubenPieterMark Unrestricted World Edit Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubenPieterMark

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
RubenPieterMark Unrestricted World Edit [WE]

Badge requirements:
  • Be at least Artist or Guide Check
  • Have an adequate amount of experience in FAWE ― Check
  • Is responsible and mature enough to use the tool in an effective manner ― Check
Application:
  • When did you join?
Februari 25, 2016
  • What rank are you currently and approximately how long have you had that rank?
I am artist and I have held -with some inactivity interruptions- that rank for more than two years.

• How experienced are you in FAWE?
I practiced the advanced brushes and functions this weekend, but I have a lot of experience with the basics of WE on some private servers. (Never thought I would put this in an app), but I also have quite a bit of experience with WE while leading Thorin's Halls on AC.
  • Will you need instruction in using WE once you acquire the badge?
No.
  • Why do you need this badge?
I currently have my treebuild project, where I often have to ask designers or FAWE badgers to move things around, or expand the grid. Furthermore I often adjust trees by hand, like changing the height, which can be done lazier with WE.
Lastly, the trees will need to be saved one day. You need World Edit and an additional plugin to save the trees in Bo3, which is a necessary format for WorldPainter or WorldMachine.

I recently picked up terraforming and an interest in geology in general, as you might have noticed by the mountain spam in discord. By now, FAWE offers a large amount of brushes for terraforming, almost as many as Voxel offers. I am very interested in trying terraforming.

Even more so, I spent my holiday time reading books and articles about nature, and I'm very excited to put the things I learned into minecraft, with the help of World Edit. It's also good to see how my trees would look on minecraft terrain, whether they're too small or too large, or if they have too much foliage etc etc.

In the portfolio you can see a Mordorian tower I built in about 3-4 hours, which is quite fast for me. I used many types of FAWE features, by hand it would have taken at least five times longer. I hope I can also do more structures with FAWE, for the upcoming Mordor project.

I applied for the unrestricted badge instead of restricted, because the restricted badge does not include the brushes that I would like to use for terraforming. I am well aware of the dangers of too large operations; on my private servers I had to be even more careful than on MCME.
  • What to you is a responsible and mature player?
Someone who uses his rank to work on projects, not for status. To me, a responsible player takes his rank seriously, and a mature player acts like an example for the server.

• Portfolio
Includes terrain, a sundial challenge and a hexagonal Mordor tower. Link to portfolio
Update: added [wip] Dol Guldur built purely with brushes

Last edited:
Accepted, you have shown you will be capable of using the badge effectively and responsibly. You will receive it once I have a chance in-game. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.