• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Scheduled Tours [Last updated: 23/01/2015]

Artale

Worthy of Mordor
Commoner
Credits
XP
oiOAin2--1joOR7wftjUKUDOj2KBTe87qz3ftdi7kzXP-vhcI7d-V5SFGh-L5E3Qvx9Q6AWTlZKRAk6KCE1tzCxBc9IPNXFx.png

Hello everyone, during the last Guide Meeting we have decided to start Scheduled Tours.
It’s a different system from the Weekly Tours as it was a problem to find a time that worked for Guides and players.
In this thread Guides will write when they will give tours. They will be able to start them even without announcing in this post though.
We hope that this method will increase the frequency of Tours and that many of you will join them.
Tours are indeed a useful tool for new players to get introduced in the server, to get showed the map and, even for Staff Members, to have fun and extend their Lore knowledge.
For those who don't know, use /tour join (Guide name) to join a Tour. Other useful commands can be found by using /tour help .
I just want to remind that tours require TeamSpeak but you don’t need a mic, you can find a very useful guide to install it here.

~Scheduled Tours~
[Last updated: 23/01/15]
  • [Artale] will give a Tour of [Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, Dunharrow] on the [23rd January] at [6pm] GMT
If you would like a Tour and no Guides are online, you can request it here :) . Just remember to provide the time , the date and the location.
Follow this format:

Date: 23th November
Time: 7pm BST

We will do our best to give as many tours as possible.

The Guides

Last edited:

Hello everyone, during the last Guide Meeting, after receiving some complaints about the lack of Tours, we have decided to start Scheduled Tours.
It’s a different system from the Weekly Tours as it was a problem to find a time that worked for Guides and players.
In this thread Guides will write when they will give tours. They will be able to start them even without announcing in this post though.
We hope that this method will increase the frequency of Tours and that many of you will join them.
Tours are indeed a useful tool for new players to get introduced in the server, to get showed the map and, even for Staff Members, to have fun and extend their Lore knowledge.
For those who don't know, use /tour join (Guide name) to join a Tour. Other useful commands can be found by using /tour help .
I just want to remind that tours require TeamSpeak but you don’t need a mic, you can find a very useful guide to install it here.

~Scheduled Tours~
[Last updated: 22/11/15]
  • [Artie_] will give a Tour of [Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard and Dunharrow] on the [28th November] at [7pm] GMT
If you would like a Tour and no Guides are online, you can request it here :) . Just remember to provide the time , the date and the location.
Follow this format:

Date: 23th November
Time: 7pm BST

We will do our best to give as many tours as possible.

The Guides
Looks good! I never liked the idea of the weekly tours, there was no way to guarantee that anyone would show up for them. Letting people say what tours they want is a really good idea!

When you update the main post, can you post in the thread that it was updated? That way, people don't have to check this thread every couple days for tours; they can just look when there is a new message.

Also (I don't know if you've been doing this), can you post trial tours here too? They're quite fun to be a part of, but I never know when they are.

When you update the main post, can you post in the thread that it was updated? That way, people don't have to check this thread every couple days for tours; they can just look when there is a new message.

Also (I don't know if you've been doing this), can you post trial tours here too? They're quite fun to be a part of, but I never know when they are.
Yeah, I can. I had the same idea but I didn't want to spam the thread with a lot of update messages. Maybe I could delete them from time to time.

About the Trial Tours, yes I can post them if the applicants decide to give a public Tour and if the other Guides agree.

In any case, thank you for your suggestions :)