• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Screenshot thread VS Media section

Which is your preferred way to share screenshots?

• The screenshots thread

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The media section

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other 3rd party site like Imgur etc.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

ryttyr

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
So this is something I've been wondering about for a long time. Why is there two places to share screenshots? What's the difference between the screenshots thread and the media section?

I usually use the screenshots thread because I find the media section confusing to navigate, especially on a mobile device which is usually how I browse this site. But in the media section you can rate other people's media and you get trophy points for uploading stuff there. However a lot of people seems to only use the screenshot screenshots thread like me. So which one is the intended/prefered way to share screenshots?

Last edited:
Okay so after having browsed the media section for a while I realise that there's far more people who use it than I originally thought and maybe it's just I that find it confusing cuz I've never ever used it before?
But still. Why is there two screenshot sharing places?

Okay so after having browsed the media section for a while I realise that there's far more people who use it than I originally thought and maybe it's just I that find it confusing cuz I've never ever used it before?
But still. Why is there two screenshot sharing places?
The media section is mainly a cloud (not the right word probly) to upload it; if you want other people to see it, you can better share it on the forums ((personal) screenshot thread). And Q would probably prefer if you used Imgur to save some harddrive space. The max memory limit for the media is 200 mb for normal members btw, unless if you have the Media Team badge like me.

Yes the media section is an alternative to imgur. But to share a great screenshot please post it in the screenshot forum. I scan the media section from time to time, but I will probably not notice all screenshots there.