• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Separate Redstone World in Freebuild Idea

mapthor

Events Manager
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Recently, on my single player world, I've been tinkering with redstone and making some cool creations. I've always wanted to bring these creations over to MCME, but that is not possible since redstone is banned. I was wondering if there could be a separate world, (Commoner +) like freebuild, that would allow players to work with redstone, repeaters, comparators, etc. I know one of the big reasons why redstone is banned is because of lag. But maybe in the future we could have this without blowing up the server.

Redstone can get very laggy very quickly, so I dont think this wil work.

You can however take videos of your creations and post them on the MCME discord/ forum

What kind of creations are you talking of? As long as its not like computers I think it could be doable.

What kind of creations are you talking of? As long as its not like computers I think it could be doable.
They would be like piston houses, piston contraptions, and basic redstone stuff. I wouldn't and can't build a redstone computer that would kill the server. Just a place where people could build anything that's not to complex and powerful

This is possible in freebuild world. Designers can define redstone exception areas. Inside a redstone exception area redstone circuits will work. These areas are used for fireworks mechanics at the main map for example. So if you want to use redstone you could ask a Designer to set up an exception area for you.
An advantage over a whole redstone world would be that the exception areas have limited space. Will probably not be possible to crash the server if the exception areas are not too large.

This is possible in freebuild world. Designers can define redstone exception areas. Inside a redstone exception area redstone circuits will work. These areas are used for fireworks mechanics at the main map for example. So if you want to use redstone you could ask a Designer to set up an exception area for you.
An advantage over a whole redstone world would be that the exception areas have limited space. Will probably not be possible to crash the server if the exception areas are not too large.
Wam... All redstone stuff is blocked right?

Yes, all redstone items are blockes by WorldGuard, but I believe that's no longer needed and can be changed.