• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Server ideas/wishful talk

At the top yes - I certainly wonder what his chambers would have been like? =D

However, Morgoth had his throne below the ground in Angband.

Yeah, there's a lot of creative interpretation to be done with Mordor. Also, since it's kinda the center of sin, why not have brothels/gambling halls in those ratty slums?

I doubt they'd have "gambling halls" they'd bet on fights and maybe dice. Gambling hall makes me think of slots and blackjack:p

The books said that there was no physical eye of sauron in barad dur. Instead, the books had a fairly big window called the 'window of the eye' at the topmost tower. I'd assume his chambers were there. The palantir sauron used would also probably be next to that window.

The books didn't rule out a physical eye. However, it does seem a little bit silly. =p

I love the architecture of WETA's Barad-dur so I hope that the topmost spire has that distinct pinnacle. And what if WETA's Eye of Sauron app worked on the MCME tower - just coz they look similar? =D

Hello,

I've seen some suggestions for the server online lately, but people haven't bothered suggesting them "officially". So here I am with those two I think are the best ones:

New Player Announcements
Instead of having player achievement announcements enabled, why don't enable new player announcements? That way we'll know that the player is new from joining and the player can get a warm welcome with helpful information.

Thrall Creative Flight in Plot World
Because Thralls can't fly in plot world they have to make scaffolding in order to build, which is a lot of unnecessarily work. Maybe you could enable creative flight for them only in plot world, if it's possible though.

@lukaland123 pointed out that there should be a warp to Khazad-Dum
Khazad-dûm is just another name for Moria ;-) To get to the place usually reffered to as "Bridge of Khazad-dûm" (where Gandalf fights the Balrog) simply do /warp xMoria East Gate and walk in straight, after a minute you are there.

*facepalm*
I forgot that it was called the 'Bridge' of Khazad-Dum....he was calling it Khazad-Dum and I was focusing on getting him through Moria (alive :p).