• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Server Showcases and Trailers

_Luk

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP
Yesterday i realised that the last Server Showcase was uploaded lots of Months ago. With so many new projects beeing finished its a shame that we dont get new ones, So i get right into it. I've created a Showcase of our new Ost-in-Edhil. The Music is from @Ryanturambar (if u dont want me to use ur Music tell me).
Alright today i uploaded it to Youtube and here it is:

I hope u enjoyed it and like it. I really think we should work on more of this Showcase to rise the popularity of our Server. :)

So the Reason why i made this thread is that i wanted to make a thread were everyone can post his showcases so they can get Feedback, and maybe @q220 could look over them and decide if they are good, so we get some more showcases to upload to our YT page.

Hally Filming :p

-Lukas

Last edited:
How did you manage to use the camerastudio mod as artists don't have flight speed permissions?

Really nice, only thing I hate is all the sudden movements you have. I.e. when you look at the big tower in ost, and many shots in your trailer. Another thing is lots of your shots show your shadow which can be very distracting. Also thing is at the end of your trailer you have a box around the logo, kinda distracting.

Really nice, only thing I hate is all the sudden movements you have. I.e. when you look at the big tower in ost, and many shots in your trailer. Another thing is lots of your shots show your shadow which can be very distracting. Also thing is at the end of your trailer you have a box around the logo, kinda distracting.
Yeah i know this problemes but im not sure how to get the shadow away. The box round the logo can be easly fixed :p

Last edited:
Its good. I like the tease you do when you seem to be entering the palace of minas tirith and the helms deep citadel but don't. I'd like to see some shots on the inside as well don't be shy!

Its good. I like the tease you do when you seem to be entering the palace of minas tirith and the helms deep citadel but don't. I'd like to see some shots on the inside as well don't be shy!
Yeah the problem is that the door of MT citadel isnt really open. So u would have to fly from the side to get a 'realistic' camera motion. If the door would be totaly open (door plugin??) I would love to do something like this. :)

I don't know how easy it would be to add this, since I barely know anything about video editing, but some shots of osgiliath would be nice too. Also, the section with andrath: it looks too sunny; the barrow downs are in the sky biome (film it from a different angle?)

I don't know how easy it would be to add this, since I barely know anything about video editing, but some shots of osgiliath would be nice too. Also, the section with andrath: it looks too sunny; the barrow downs are in the sky biome (film it from a different angle?)
Maybe, aka osgiliath, i was just Filming done places. When osgiliath will be done ill do some more shots. :p

A lot of people commented in the video asking how they can join the 'build team' It might be nice to put a link at the end of the video to this website as well as instructions on joining the server for the first time in the video description.

It would be cool if someone could link me to a high quality version of our Logo because the one i got has bad quality :p

Just a few suggestions, mostly about the beginning (the trailer as a whole is awesome:D)
  • At the beginning, could you use a more Middle Earthy font?
  • Your capitalization is also off - for example, Tolkien and Middle-Earth should be capitalized, along with the 1st word of every piece of text
  • Perhaps you could decrease the number of text slides, like removing the map size one and the "the project is called" one.
  • With the chords at around 1:45, it would be good to show Isengard in my opinion. The music is too evil for Edoras;)

Just a few suggestions, mostly about the beginning (the trailer as a whole is awesome:D)
  • At the beginning, could you use a more Middle Earthy font?
  • Your capitalization is also off - for example, Tolkien and Middle-Earth should be capitalized, along with the 1st word of every piece of text
  • Perhaps you could decrease the number of text slides, like removing the map size one and the "the project is called" one.
  • With the chords at around 1:45, it would be good to show Isengard in my opinion. The music is too evil for Edoras;)
Well, aka capital letters. I wanted every of words being writen small (dont ask me why)

I like the video shots, but the intro text bothers me a bit, maybe consider the following instead:
What happens...
if you add Middle-earth...
and minecraft...
together?
One of the largest projects ever attempted...
spanning over a 24,000 x 24,000 custom map...
and still groing
MINECRAFT MIDDLE EARTH

Also I agree about improving the text font at the start to something more Middle-earth -ish

Also maybe try to improve the sound transitions between each of the three sections, maybe with a drum roll or something, idk