• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Sevy689's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevy689

Experienced Member
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username: Sevy689

Date Joined: 01 June 2020

What country are from / What time do you usually play online:
I'm from the Philippines. In server time, I'm online in the afternoon and during the odd hours when people are rarely online (5-9 AM server time)

Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes

Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

What makes a great Guide according to you?
A great Guide understands the community and server and is motivated to keep it growing. Guides help players integrate into the server and the community. A Guide does this not only through tours and activities (minigames, PVPs, etc.) but also by planning events and regularly creating ways for the community to engage with each other. Aside from these responsibilities, I believe a great Guide should be proactive in encouraging new members to stick around by being a patient, friendly, fun person who is ready to give a helping hand and server tips wherever needed.

For me, a great Guide can give tours which are a combination of lore knowledge, server knowledge, and enjoyable experience for everyone who participates. They bring members of the community, new and old, to see every inch of this beautiful server. While the Artists' rank path builds the server, Guides make sure people appreciate the hard work that is put into it all. They also strengthen the solidarity and love of the community.

Hey @Sevy689!

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.
We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Thank you for your patience, and good luck with the rest of your application.

Regards
- The Guides

Greetings @Sevy689!

The guides have discussed your application, and we'd like to move onto the next stage with your application. Congratulations!

So, starting from tomorrow, the 9th of September 2020, you will have 1 month to demonstrate to us why you would be a good Guide. You have been given the tours badge and minigames badge if you don't have them already. I recommend looking through the minigames manual and the guide manual on how to do stuff.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete a trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

So over to you. You have until the 10th of October to show us what you'd be like as a Guide.

Best of luck, and we'll see you soon.

I just finished a ~30 minute tour around some Shire villages plus a fun two rounds of Hide and Seek. More people joined after the screenshot was taken so it was lots of fun :) and thanks @givet10 for streaming, pinging Tourist, and walking me through the game commands for the first time!

2020-09-09_04.01.27.png

2020-09-09_04.20.35.png

(AngryBadger was the seeker ;) )

I helped @Nelman_Black and @Johnyeric test one of the races today (it was broken) :) Not sure if guide-related but I thought I'd mention it.
2020-09-11_22.04.26.png

I also caught the tail end of @Johnyeric 's tour, but didn't get into any of the pics for that.

I ran around 5 rounds of Hide and Seek in Michel Delving with this fun bunch :)
2020-09-12_00.22.48.png

The Michel Delving Market stalls are actually fun to parkour around :D
2020-09-12_00.27.30.png

Today I hosted a chill walking/lore tour in Fennas Drunin! An underrated area in my opinion. We also played a few rounds of hide and seek to explore the place.
2020-09-12_18.11.38.png

We then moved on to Weathertop and the Weatherhills. I discussed the 2nd and early 3rd age history of the area. We did some hide and seek on Weathertop as well!
2020-09-12_18.43.26.png

Afterward it was a tour marathon! I attended @ConfusedLlama_ 's boating tour around Anfalas and Belfalas. Very fun chaos :)
2020-09-12_18.58.47.png

Yesterday (I wasn't able to post it right away) I joined @The__Stephen 's amazing geography tour and got some class pictures of the field trip :D Later in the evening I hosted some Hide & Seek for some adventurers because they were chatting in global about doing their own manual game, so I teleported to them and offered to host it. We did a few rounds at the Citadel before relocating to Isengard :)

Pics below:
2020-09-13_17.03.01.png

2020-09-13_17.09.36.png

2020-09-14_00.47.18.png

2020-09-14_01.11.51.png

PS. I thoroughly enjoy updating this app, it's starting to feel like an MCME journal :)

Last edited:
I just wrapped a tour! It was preceded by @Johnyeric 's amazing Siege of Gondor dramatic narrative. I decided to keep with his theme and do my own narration/retelling of the Hobbits' journey from Bag End to Tom Bombadil's house. No Hide & Seek this time, just a walk along the footprints :)

2020-09-17_00.26.21.png

Big thanks to everyone who joined and those who stayed!

The Hobbit Day events have been a success! I joined @Johnyeric 's lovely Shire History Tour first. It was a lot of fun lore and exploring the Shire and even though it was over an hour long it felt like no time at all ^ ^.

2020-09-22_21.28.08.png

A little later on was an event I personally lead: The Make Your Own Hobbit-Sona Parade and Contest. I enlisted the help of @ooitsbirdo and @GingerlyGinger1 for judging and @Melkor_Thalion for some assistance :) the turn out was much larger than I expected and it was tons of entertainment. Thank you to all who participated and made this event a success!

hobbitsona.png

(screenshot by Ginger)

The winners were announced in the discord News Channel. Some more attached items are taken by Melkor.

A few hours later I joined in @ConfusedLlama_ 's Music Night and helped him along with some songs.

Happy Hobbit Day! :D

Attachments

• 2020-09-22_18.08.02.png
    2020-09-22_18.08.02.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 134
  • 2020-09-22_18.10.48.png
    2020-09-22_18.10.48.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
  • 2020-09-22_18.52.27_2.png
    2020-09-22_18.52.27_2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 125
I joined @Johnyeric 's trial tour! What a fun and entertaining tour, wishing him all the best :)

A few hours later I tried a tour centered around a specific literary theme. We hopped around places relevant to the theme. I got a few tourists but I might try to recreate that tour again in the future since they said they really enjoyed it :)

2020-09-26_22.28.53.png

2020-09-27_00.52.09.png

We did a tour on the Great East Road! We started from the Eastmost end and stopped at the Brandywine Bridge. I'll pick up the second half of the Road within Eriador sometime soon ;) thank you friends who came along!

2020-09-27_22.16.32.png

This month I'm helping @Archimdes host the Who Last Saw The Ring? event. The first clue has been released on #news channel and the forum post linked below!

I attempted running a quiz for the first time today! I discovered that staying on /l channel (which is my default) counts as a plugin conversation. If you're stuck on /l it won't be sending you the quiz questions. Thanks Eriol for pointing this out :)

1602000073108.png

Status
Not open for further replies.