• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Shirrgo's Guide Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirrgo

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Shirrgo
Date Joined : 05 August 2019
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: I am from Poland. Depending on personal matters I usually play on afternoons or evenings central European time. (GMT+1), rarely before 4 pm GMT+1 and only sometimes afer 9pm. GMT+1 on working days.
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide?
I enjoy helping new players and being a reliable and active member of the community. I'd love to integrate and entertain people to keep the server alive. I've recently been feeling the need to contribute more to the server and though I don't have much trust in my building skills yet, I do know my fair share of Tolkien's lore and am willing to learn more.
What makes a great Guide according to you?
To me a great Guide should be as helpful as possible to new players, socially active and integrating. While running tours a Guide should not only be well informed on the particular location or piece of lore but also patient, friendly and should also be able to provide information in an interesting, digestable way. A Guide is a representative of the community and for that they should be able and willing to show the new players what MCME is all about.
What are your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Guide role?
My strengths are that I am very present in the community and often times try to help and contribute as much as I can. I've always loved making educational presentations on different topics and I know a vast amount of lore from the legendarium. My main weakness is that I'm still short on knowledge about the server history.
What experience have you had on MCME?
Even though I joined in 2019 I became an actual active member in september 2021. I became a commoner shortly after and tried to be as active and contributing as possible. I got to know many fantastic people and really got to like the community. MCME is one of the most welcoming and friendly communities especially considering the amount of toxicity on the internet nowdays, especially amongst the fandoms of fiction. Certainly this is the minecraft community I've felt most comfortable in. As to the map itself, I was both amazed and impressed by the builds and their interpretations when I got here and I was happy that the server was getting inspirations not only from the most popular works of Tolkien but also from those that are less known.

Hi Shirrgo

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hello @Shirrgo

Thank you for waiting for a response. The Guides have discussed your application and unfortunately you will not be receiving a trial period at this time. The main reasons are because you haven't been active for a while yet and we haven't noticed you doing much guide-like stuff yet, however I have noticed a good level of activity over the past couple of weeks which is great!

I would encourage you to reapply in a few weeks, but in the mean time I am giving you the minigames badge for you to use. You will be added to a #how-to channel on discord which has the relevant information about the badge. It would be great if you could stay active, make use of the badge, and keep learning about the server before reapplying. Another way to help over the next few weeks would be helping new players.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.