• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

So I need laptop ideas

BevsForBros

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Credits
XP
My current laptop is getting old and beat up, so I really need a new one. I figured I would post on here and see if anyone had any laptop recommendations. It would also be nice to get recommendations for a place I could look for one with lots of options and good prices.

I'm not really looking for anything top of the line, I don't need a gaming laptop, I have my desktop primarily for that. I don't really have any specific specs in mind, just want something that is a good quality brand that will last me a long time and preferably something not quite as bulky as my current laptop. Sorry I can't really offer anymore specifics of what I'm looking for but hopefully some one can give me some recommendations.

I also need a laptop for uni and I don't want to make a duplicate thread. I would like something reasonably priced that can run games somewhat smoothly (doesn't have to be run games at really high quality)

Got a Hp Pavillion Laptop With a Radeon 8450 for like $450 for college. Only been a year, but it still runs fine, and is even half decent for gaming. Not really bulky by my definition, but its survived some drops and bumps. I'd definitely check things out this weekend though, quite a few people are having labor day weekend sales, Hp included i believe.

I recently bought an msi ge60 for about 1500 dollars aprox. I know it's pricy but I have never been more satisfied from a laptop.

Thing is in my experience (gone over 4 laptops now) laptops don't last very long if you want a bit of gaming on it and of they're under 900 dollars. So to help you guys out, I think you got to figure out a budget.

On the non-Mac side of things, ASUS and Lenovo seem to be the best brands at the moment. I helped my brother pick out a Lenovo G50 for college that I wound up being very impressed with.