• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Soundpack not working?

NinjaPotafo

Slab Fanatic
Credits
XP
Ok, so I got tired of listening to the sounds of silence while playing Minecraft and decided to download the Soundpack. I got on here, downloaded 1.1, moved it to my resource packs folder and restarted Minecraft. I then proceeded to turn off all sound except my music and master volume. I went to the resource packs area and moved it to the right hand collumn, turning it on just like any Resource Pack. I then went back to the game and kept playing, until I noticed something. My game was still playing normal Minecraft music! I proceeded to ask around the server for help, and people helped me as best they could, but nothing worked. It's still playing the normal music, not the music it should be. Can someone who has the Soundpack or knows how to, help me? Thank you so much, it really is appreciated. I'll cya'll!

I'm not sure ( someone please correct me) but I'm pretty sure all the music and other sounds are under the other sound option, so you could trying turning on the game sound and music

The soundpack doesn't replace all minecraft music, there are still normal music in there, mixed with Lotr music. I think there's about 4 custom Lotr songs

I think I remember seeing something about newer resource pack updates supporting per-location music, so would it be theoretically possible to replicate the functions of the MatmosMCME mod using a sound pack?

Soundpack never seems to work for me either. However, since most people have used it I guess it works sometimes. Good luck with figuring it out,
Ninja.