• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Soundsnsilence Artist Application

soundsnsilence

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Joining Date:
Late July 2019

Jobs and Plotbuilds:
Mine Construction in Moria with TeamPalladian on 30/7/19
WillemEasyJob in Moria with TeamPalladian on 30/7/19

Themed-builds:
Annuminas Ruining
Last Updated: 8 Aug 2019
Link to theme build album here.

Your interests:
I have always been into constructing renaissance/medieval builds in Minecraft, from castles to tudor style houses, and more. I just love building good looking structures. I am not sure what style I might adapt best to, but I feel like I would be an asset regardless.

Your motivation:
I am applying for artist because I feel MCME is the leading server in the Minecraft in terms of scale, detail, and artistry. I am commoner rank now and the next step for me to take is to apply for artist. I am very interested in helping to grow and add to an immensely beautiful server. I am interested in helping with what ever projects are needed.

Thank you for your consideration,
Soundsnsilence

Hey soundsnsilence,
Your Annuminas ruining has been done really well, good job. Try to avoid itemblocks though. These items have ITEMBLOCK in their name, and they are created using entities (armourstands). These have a few downsides, because they disappear if you are far away, and if used in large quantities they cause a lot of lag. Other than that I don’t have anything to add, this looks great! Good luck with your application!

Hey soundsnsilence,
Your Annuminas ruining has been done really well, good job. Try to avoid itemblocks though. These items have ITEMBLOCK in their name, and they are created using entities (armourstands). These have a few downsides, because they disappear if you are far away, and if used in large quantities they cause a lot of lag. Other than that I don’t have anything to add, this looks great! Good luck with your application!
Ah that's good to know! I honestly figured those entities weren't rendering far away because of hardware issues on my side! I suppose a good work around in using them would be to only use them on smaller interior designs, which would be only viewed close up. Thanks for the feedback!

I haven't talked with Eriol about this since I've popped back into MCME again, but I am fairly sure that MC 1.13 will offer many possibilities to change Itemblocks to normal blocks again. Especially vertical half slabs are not something that we should give up on, so I kinda like seeing them being used in Themed Builds by the upcoming Artists.