• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Staff AMA (Bounders)

How difficult was it to learn the procedures and measures taken as a Bounder when you were first promoted?

How difficult was it to learn the procedures and measures taken as a Bounder when you were first promoted?
Finally an actual question. When I was promoted with LDC we were required to learn Hawkeye and that was probably the most difficult albeit interesting thing to learn. Outside of that just learning the different levels of offences and their separate punishments. To address more modern concerns with Prism, new commands, etc, it's nothing overly complicated and I don't have a favorite command or anything it just makes the process more streamlined.

Because Bounders have /promote and /demote, does that mean you could promote yourselves to Valar? :eek:

Do you have any plans on building Beleriand or underwater ruins of Beleriand? Or perhaps Númenor?
You should have asked this in the build moderator forums, and at the moment we don't have any plans yet. We focus on the path of the fellowship and building middle earth like it was in the third age. Before even thinking about beleriand or numenor, we try to finish what we still have in front of us.

Because Bounders have /promote and /demote, does that mean you could promote yourselves to Valar? :eek:
Haven't tried it but probably not, there's normally a system where you can alter who can promote people to what rank.

What does a bounder do, that the general commoner can't see immediately. Let's say, behind the scenes stuff.

@JordD04 :
4S8mgqI.jpg

What does a bounder do, that the general commoner can't see immediately. Let's say, behind the scenes stuff.
I guess there's only really the detective work, when we know/suspect someone's been breaking the rules and we're looking for evidence. Everything else is pretty open from the Bounder perspective, we don't have any secret projects or secret missions. Everything we do is logged. And I believe it will be available to the public again soon.

As a Bounder, how is the workload? It's clear you have a load of responsibilities..
It really depends on the community at the time, sometimes you'll go a few days without any issues, other days you ban 5 people in a few hours.

It really depends on the community at the time, sometimes you'll go a few days without any issues, other days you ban 5 people in a few hours.
So aside from the banning and logging, the only other thing you have to do is be active on all of the MCME accessories (forums, TS, ingame, etc)?

So aside from the banning and logging, the only other thing you have to do is be active on all of the MCME accessories (forums, TS, ingame, etc)?
OB's and Commoner apps too, I personally used to do a lot of whitelist applications.

Damnit I go to work for 8 hours and the flood of questions begins. ok here goes nothing.

@DSESGH If you mean reason the Ob gives? My cat or dog or little sibling was playing with my mouse while I was afk.
If you mean what they did to get it. One player I banned did 71 pages of breaks (471 total breaks) and built a wooden hut with a sign on it that said Hagrid's Hut in a Rohan plain

@Will_em Tping to Silverwings360 while vanished then un-vanishing on top of her to scare the crap out of her.

@DarthRagnar Well not up on magic but my preferred player in most games is a Human Paladin if that helps. Also definitely dog (sorry but not a big lover of cats)

@Choisai As has been mentioned so many times in game Bounders ain't build moderators so no use asking

@CamtoHobbit Favourite Character was Gimli so yea dwarf for sure

@Shenjtor All them extra things we can find that hawkeye missed or overlooked.
First few weeks of being Bounder were busy remembering the search parameters you needed but other Bounders like @Antecedence @Kulmo and @Bocklebee were very helpful in giving advice.
Never tried /promote or /demote on myself and wouldn't try it. A case of follow the rules you are expected to enforce.

@Will_em The only things I can think of the most new players aren't aware of is that private in game messages are logged and viewable by Bounders. Big Brother is watching lol. Also that we monitor all the forums/teamspeak for inappropriate things as well as the server.

@Shenjtor As Jord has stated it can be up and down, all depends on the kinds of new players joining. I recently did 3 OB's in one day.

Last edited: