• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Staff AMA (Build Moderators)

There isn't a thing like french fries, all fries are belgian and we call them fries.
But I got this asked by a random dude on teamspeak yesterday, forgot his name but with minas being finished and ithilien, osgo and cair andros almost being finished, what will the next project be/what would you want to work on next?

We can't answer that first part yet cause we don't know yet but I'd like to help on pelargir, or filling up the landscape of mordor with small stuff like orc caves or camps. (That is when we start on those things) Building dol amroth also seems awesome.

I'm curious. What's your favorite book? (Excluding Tolkien's work)

I am a little surprised by some of the questions being asked though. Last time when Mirimo ran the AMA most questions seemed to revolve around server duties, instead of personal questions. Although not knowing Will's favorite pasta has kept me up at night before.
I'd think that all the Build Mod hopeful's would take the opportunity to learn more about the positions they hope to, and might one day, fulfill.

Belgian or French Fries
Trick question: The answer is always Belgian Fries
Fries period.

with minas being finished and ithilien, osgo and cair andros almost being finished, what will the next project be/what would you want to work on next?
First of all Ithilien is no where near finished haha. North Terrain is about 80%, otherwise there is still a lot to do plus all of South Ithilien

I know of one project that is going to be coming up really soon (not allowed to tell yet teehee) that I think people are going to love for sure. Otherwise I believe the plan is to continue into Southern Gondor with places such as Dol Amroth and the like.

I'm curious. What's your favorite book? (Excluding Tolkien's work)

I am a little surprised by some of the questions being asked though. Last time when Mirimo ran the AMA most questions seemed to revolve around server duties, instead of personal questions. Although not knowing Will's favorite pasta has kept me up at night before.
I'd think that all the Build Mod hopeful's would take the opportunity to learn more about the positions they hope to, and might one day, fulfill.
I agree
Bring on the server questions!

Otherwise, I have a few favorite books:
  • His Dark Material Series
  • Game of Thrones
  • Ender's Game
  • Night

Hmm, interesting to see what's people's favourite jobs were as well as obviously so many questions getting to know you guys :')
Has there ever been a task you've been assigned that you never thought you'd have to do as part of your rank?
How hard was it for you to learn WE/voxel back in the beginning? What was your first crash? (Hard/Soft?) c:<

Has there ever been a task you've been assigned that you never thought you'd have to do as part of your rank?
How hard was it for you to learn WE/voxel back in the beginning? What was your first crash? (Hard/Soft?) c:<

first question- no
second- fairly easy, hardest bit is getting used to way voxel interacts with terrain and getting it to do what you want it to. Otherwise its just remembering commands which comes with practice and use.
third- think it was trying to make mountains on freebuild server and sending a load of sand through to the void not realising i was that close to y=0

I have a decent idea too; a Thrall asked about some unfinished location today that made me stop and say "Hmm..."

If you were an herb (it doesnt matter whether or not you pronounce the "h" or not), what would you be and why?
Parsley

Which Star Wars character do you relate to most?
Jaden Korr. He is a post RotJ Character if you don't know. Or Jacen Solo.

Apples or Oranges?

Apples bitch.

What motivates you in life?

Music and @jakethegardian
I TRY
Favorite color?

Green and Red. DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!

Least favorite X-Men?

Storm. Screw you Halle Berry

Favorite X-Men?

Nightcrawler and Deadpool.

Your ideal city to live in?
Stockholm

Favorite food?

The blood of the innocent

Favorite type of pasta?

Pizza. Nah, Pennie (however you spell it)

Fill in the blank: Vegans are _______

The Bane of all human existance

Favorite villain of all time?

My girlfriend

What is MCME to you?
Mcme is love. Mcme is life.

But no seriously its where most of friends are... and it can be fun :p

And Darth, I would be a card that is the best and nothing can ever stop me. (I dont know anything about Magic if you haven't guessed)

Also I would be an anteater cuz,
9Ns0Hff.jpg

Last edited:
If you were an herb (it doesnt matter whether or not you pronounce the "h" or not), what would you be and why?
Parsley

Which Star Wars character do you relate to most?
Jaden Korr. He is a post RotJ Character if you don't know. Or Jacen Solo.

Apples or Oranges?

Apples bitch.

What motivates you in life?

Music and @jakethegardian

Favorite color?

Green and Red. DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!

Least favorite X-Men?

Storm. Screw you Halle Berry

Favorite X-Men?

Nightcrawler and Deadpool.

Your ideal city to live in?
Stockholm

Favorite food?

The blood of the innocent

Favorite type of pasta?

Pizza. Nah, Pennie (however you spell it)

Fill in the blank: Vegans are _______

The Bane of all human existance

Favorite villain of all time?

My girlfriend

What is MCME to you?
Mcme is love. Mcme is life.

But no seriously its where most of friends are... and it can be fun :p

And Darth, I would be a card that is the best and nothing can ever stop me. (I dont know anything about Magic if you haven't guessed)

Also I would be an anteater cuz,
9Ns0Hff.jpg
I live in Stockholm, do you