• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Staff renamed to Maiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDrago101

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
This is the smallest one I've made yet.
So the idea is that because Admins are also known as Vala, Staff would also be called Maia.
This would be purely cosmetic, and it would only effect the rank level name, they would still be called Managers, and Designers, it would just change what we call them overall. This could also trickle down to Team, renaming them Istari or something. Overall I think it just makes sense, and it would take like five maybe fifteen minutes to implement ( I don't actually know, I just assume it would be simple as the only place you really see the word Staff is like two places in Discord) Admins double as Valar, so Staff should double as Maiar. (Or something like that) :)

~Skydrago101

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.
Exactly, it would barely change anything so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to change, but it would match better.

Also, while it only says Vala in game for Credoo, people refer to the Heads as Vala a lot more often than Admin

The Valar aren’t even a good example because the Valar are not called Valar in-game, with the sole exception of Credoo. As far as I know, the only remaining reference to the administrators as ‘Valar’ is in their Discord role “Valar / Admins”. Renaming Staff to Maiar would just mean renaming their Discord role to “Maiar / Staff”.
I use Valar as the example because it is the best example, the suggestion is to change the word "staff" to Maiar. You see that list on the right side of Discord? The suggestion is to change that to "Maiar/Staff" to match "Valar/Admins" above it. You yourself would still be called Manager, but the list you are in would be called "Maiar/Staff" that is literally it :) just wanted to clear any confusion about that.

We usually choose to rename a rank if there's a significant change to it that we whish to emphasize by renaming it, not just for the sake of renaming it, as at that point it's a cosmetic change which is really a matter of personal preference. Besides then having to announce that change, change documents/messages/public and private information to reflect those changes.... not really worth it unless it's part of a broader idea like I said for example, a significant change to the rank itself.

I believe there not much else to be discussed, besides looking at the upvotes people don't seem to want this change, so I will lock this thread at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.