• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

StinkyBunny42

StinkyBunny42

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : StinkyBunny42
Date Joined : 01 November 2014
Themed Build participated in: Nazgûl Tomb, Brandywine Bridge, Tower of Ecthelion
Other projects: Pelargir Trade Ship, Pelargir dome contesthttp://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/14-15-tower-of-ecthelion.2399/
Link to screenshots of your Themed Build: Dropbox - mcme screenshots
What is your prefered building style? My preferred style is building boats but I also do many other types.
Included in the link to the pictures you will find my boat build. The boat that I made took a lot longer than my themed build, so focus more on it. The Pelargir dome I build was a group project but the other person never came online so I ended up building the whole dome by myself. The reason that I am applying is because I am experienced with world edit and I want to get up through the ranks so at some point I can use it.

Thank you for your application! It has now been checked and here follow some tips on what you can improve on to increase your chances on a promotion to Artist.

The Nazgul Tomb screenshot does not show us anything, from outside you really only can see the pre-given terrain ;)
The exterior of the Pelargir Dome is a good start, but you can make it look so much more interesting by adding some more details to all the walls. Check the other builds, or the winner build in Pelargir how you can add such ornaments on the walls using stairs and slabs. The interior could also undergo a major improvement in terms of details. There too, check other builds to see how you could design the interior of a building.
The ship does look very nice indeed! A minor thing you could improve there is mixing the crates a bit better, now it seems to you used one sort of crate in one room and in another room you used a different crate. It looks much more realistic and lively if you make these things less organized and more randomized.

Also please note that the criterions and the way artist apps are handled in the future are about to change. Further information will be published soon on the forums.

~ Finrod_Amandil, Head Designer.