• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Stoog_Gaming's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoog_Gaming

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Stoog_Gaming
Date Joined : 11 July 2019
What country are you from / What time do you usually play online: I am from the United Kingdom, and I come on the server after 5 pm UTC most days, but I make sure to keep up with the discord and help when necessary.
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide? I have been helping with and hosting events for a while now and I enjoy hosting those events, Werewolf and Reading Hour being two examples.
I have been hesitant about applying for a while because of my university commitments. Still, since the summer events, I have decided that I want to help with organising events and running tours even if my Tolkien knowledge needs some improvement and I have been convinced by others that being a guide will make that goal easier.

What makes a great Guide according to you? A great Guide is someone who can help when needed but not cause chaos when someone asks a question in chat, they should also be able to entertain others with events and minigames to help maintain Adventurer attention.

What are your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Guide role? I am quite active on the server and I try not to crowd the chat when someone asks a question as I am quite a slow typer, however, if I notice a question in chat that has not been answered I do try and respond to the best of my knowledge in reference to the question asked.
I am a bit weak on my Tolkein knowledge but I can pull quotes from the lord of the rings and hobbit books with relative ease I would need to do some research for specific details and anything that takes place prior to the hobbit I know very little about.
I am a bit of a quick talker and can tend to skim over details or speak too quick to understand but I am happy to return to those parts if someone wishes me to.

What experience have you had on MCME? I have had an amazing experience on the server since I joined it has been a fun and welcoming community with events and minigames that I have found to be more enjoyable because of the community than servers such as Hypixel, and that isn't mentioning the impressive work on the world that I have seen achieved in my time on the server and the small parts I have helped build myself thanks to the constant supply of jobs and plots available.

Hello Stoog

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hello Stoog

The Guides have discussed your application and we have decided that we would like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour you may be asked to complete the trial period Shen mentioned. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map and you should use Discord for the tour. The tour should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a time for your tour.

Hey Stoog,

Thanks for your trial tour today! As we've discussed in Discord, you'll receive a one month trial period, so it'll end around September 21st. Here's a couple of reminders for you:

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this thread updated. Whenever you do an event, minigame, tour, etc. it's up to you to let us know here.

At some point towards the end of your trial period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate with us!

We'll support you through the period! If there's anything you want announced in #alerts, let us know. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact @Smaug_Niphredil, @Givet10_, any of the Guides, or myself. We'll keep you updated with feedback or updates regarding your application.

Good luck!

not sure If I should put this here but I might as well, a screenshot from the end of my first trial tour.

Attachments

• 2022-08-21_22.42.17.jpg
    2022-08-21_22.42.17.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.