• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Suggestion for Moria east gate

TizioLeo_

Dirt Conaisseur
Commoner
Credits
XP
Since Moria east gate revamp is going on i tought this was the right moment to give a suggestion. What i was thinking was to add doors to the gate, first of all because it would be more lore accurate (you can find that information in the book, at the end of "the bridge of khazad dum" chapter), and also because it is weird that one of the most important location in Moria is so "open". It would also be more realistic to make to make them broken, considering the ruin and the orc invasion. I hope you will consider this

The dwarven colony lead by Balin perished only 7 years before the server date. Even 17 years later when the Fellowship of the Ring went through the East Gate there were still broken gates:
There was a guard of orcs crouching in the shadows behind the great door posts towering on either
side, but the gates were shattered and cast down.
[Fellowship of the Ring - The Bridge of Khazad-dûm]
So I guess we should make these broken gates.

Hey. Idk but i believe badger was doing this, dont qoute me on that. But i think i overheard badger saying she was going to make broken gates. Tho idk if she will or not. And i might have remembered things wrong.

Sounds like the doors weren't just broken but, given that orcs (or possibly the cave troll) aren't known for being particularly subtle, were thrown down the side of the mountain. How far down the mountain do you think the debris field extended? All the way into the lake?

Edit: it just occurred to me that the orcs would have been invading from this route rather than coming out, so the gates would likely have been thrown inwards at the defenders.