• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Summer Events 2017: The schedule

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Be welcomed to the
Summer Events 2017
Alright, finally it is here, the full schedule for the Summer Events 2017! As announced in the Times these year's Summer Events will be very much focussed on making great progress once again on the various projects and beyond! Let the server awake and show how much of a change we can make even in a short time!

As a bit a special kind of job we'll be replacing the Beds all over the map with the newly available ones. If you've ever wanted a relaxing and easy job like we had it often many years ago, these are your chances to hang out with the others, have a chat and a fun time! But of course that's only a small part of it all, be sure to tune in way more than once, there's surely something to enjoy for everyone! And most importantly: The more people join, the more fun it is...

Legend: Red: Highlights!, Green: Non-building events, Blue: Jobs

Sunday, July 23rd
  • 7:00 pm BST: Opening Event
  • 7:30 pm BST: Contest start: The Great Shipyard of Dol Amroth
  • 7:30 pm BST: Plotbuild start: Dol Amroth ships
  • 7:30 pm BST: Plotbuild start: Moria
Monday, July 24th
  • 12:00 pm BST (noon): Job - Bed replacing in Bree with @Demonataz
  • 7:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in the Shire with @mattlego
  • 7:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Aldburg with @Kjolsen
  • 8:00 pm BST: Job - Small streams with @Eriol_Eandur
Tuesday, July 25th
Wednesday, July 26th
  • 3:00 pm BST: Minigames Plugin games with @SmaugJuice
  • 5:00 pm BST: Birdo's Great Tour - A tour around some cities with @ooitsbirdo
  • 6:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Anfalas with @Finrod_Amandil
  • 7:00 pm BST: Job - Houses in Dol Amroth with @Kjolsen
  • 8:00 pm BST: Job - Small streams with @Eriol_Eandur
Thursday, July 27th
Friday, July 28th
Saturday, July 29th
  • 7:00 pm BST: Great Lore Tour
Sunday, July 30th
Monday, July 31st
  • 3:00 pm BST: Job - Ford of Bruinen undergrowth with @thomasd18
  • 6:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Calembel with @Ivan1pl
  • 7:00 pm BST: Job - Dol Amroth houses with @Thijs1801
Tuesday, August 1st
  • 3:00 pm BST: Job - Misty Mountains bushes with @thomasd18
  • 5:00 pm BST: Hide and Seek with @awaywind
  • 6:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Linhir with @Ivan1pl
  • 9:00 pm BST: Job - Tolfalas vegetation with @Tyranystrasz
Wednesday, August 2nd
  • 3:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Minas Tirith with @thomasd18
  • 6:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Pelargir with @Kjolsen
  • 7:00 pm BST: Job - Dol Amroth houses with @Thijs1801
Thursday, August 3rd
  • 3:00 pm BST: Job - Moria ruining with @thomasd18
  • 9:00 pm BST: Job - Bed replacing in Edoras with @Mandos
Friday, August 4th
  • 4:00 pm BST: Job - Moria ruining with @BWOT
  • 7:30 pm BST: PVP with @TI_020601
Saturday, August 5th
  • 9:00 am - 9:00 pm BST: Build Day Dol Amroth with @Thijs1801
Sunday, August 6th
  • 7:00 pm BST: Closing event and announcement of contest winner
  • 7:30 pm BST: Start of MCME Survival!
Phew! So, given only writing down the schedule took me a good hour I hope you for once won't get bored in the next two weeks! Slight changes to this schedule may happen as we move along, so check back once in a while!

Last edited:
To all who host an event: In case any hindrance crosses your schedule please contact me asap so we can fix things!

Just started back on the server, won't be able to do any weekday events though from my work schedule. Looking forward to catching up with any of you that have a vague recollection of me.

EDIT:
The RP's are now up-to-date and the new beds are included in the automatic and manual downloads.

For the automatic RPs
: Navigate to .minecraft/server-resource-packs and delete all files in that folder; the pack will not update otherwise, thinking you already have it downloaded.

For manual downloads: Download the packs from Official Resourcepacks | Minecraft Middle Earth and put the zipped files to .minecraft/resourcepacks

Last edited:
Please note that the schedule on the homepage of the website is incorrect. You must look at this thread to see the correct schedule. Also, events may change at short notice so please keep looking at the main post for updates.

I'll have to cancel my job today, I'm sorry. There's a lot of planning still to be done for the Build Day on sunday and I don't want to finish it by the last minute... Sorry for that!

Also yesterday Thijs and my job in DA was canceled due to the worldwide problem with Minecraft authentication server maintenance. So should we re-schedule.

Also yesterday Thijs and my job in DA was canceled due to the worldwide problem with Minecraft authentication server maintenance. So should we re-schedule.
If you find a date/time that suits you and is still free, sure!

I have bad news, I am afraid. The Central Dwelling is not ready for it yet; while I may have laid out almost enough for a build day, I have not yet gotten to developping a style for the houses, which is of course crucial. Now don't worry, I won't let you down! Instead we will go back to the site of the Chamber of Light and make sure we can finish that one of. In order to spice that up I will be hosting PVP whenever we made some good progress again! So be sure to tune in, the more people the better the progress and the more fun the PVP! I will surely be ready to start it from 9am BST as scheduled and I intend on continueing that throughout the day.

I know I missed the animation job but I'd kinda like to animate everything anyways so how would one go about it if they as an Artist wanted to animate everything even outside of jobs?

Survival is having some issues, the plugin that gives people 'spoofed' resources is not working, making it pretty much unplayable if we opt for the MCME map. Looking into it.

While I'm trying to get the survival going up on the mcme map, I replaced it for the moment with a default vanilla 1000x1000 map where you can gather the resources otherwise not available. When the problem is fixed, I'll create a portal at the middle of the map that will bring you to Middle-Earth prepared.

edit: ip adress is build.mcmiddleearth.com:55565 or survival.mcmiddleearth.com (though its likely the domain name wont work for most people yet - you can use the ip instead)

There is a faction plugin installed, commands start with /f

The Middle-Earth map is now available through the sphere in the middle of the map. Costum crafting plugin of last year is enabled, in which you can do a lot of costum stuff and even get an Elytra Summer Survival

Last edited:
yo are squid spawning disabled or something? I'm in desperate need of ink sacks (don't ask why) but haven't come across a single squid in hours of looking. If they're disabled perhaps add a custom recipe?

Also what happened to making a post about survival this year, seems people have to search the forums for last years post for the custom recipes, which is kind of an inconvenience.

yo are squid spawning disabled or something? I'm in desperate need of ink sacks (don't ask why) but haven't come across a single squid in hours of looking. If they're disabled perhaps add a custom recipe?

Also what happened to making a post about survival this year, seems people have to search the forums for last years post for the custom recipes, which is kind of an inconvenience.
yeah this is true, however I don't know if you know ealgz but Fin is on holiday however I think this should have been sorted out in the staff.