• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Teamspeak 3 compared against Discord

Which program would you prefer to use?

• Teamspeak

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Discord

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
Discord is useful in some situations, but here I think it is less so. The main reason is that I am not sure if you can set up custom temp voice channels as you can on TS, would would make it hard for guides or anyone running tours...

If I am not mistaken no clear decision has been made yet; and for once I am not the one who feels resonsible for making that decision :p However given the pretty extensive usage of Discord, vs. the rather dead TS server (at least when I checked the last time) I presume we will just slowly abandon Teamspeak. It may be just too early to bid goodbye to it yet, but as it looks now I fear that's what it's gonna end up with.
If you've still found a striking argument against all that, voice it here! Teamspeak 3 compared against Discord

"extensive usage of Discord"? ... lol
Yes Discord is used more, but only in terms of quantity not quality.
I see a lot more ppl beeing "on" in Discord then ive ever seen in TS, but the Voice channels are actually used less then in TS.
The reason imho is, that TS was a programm with the specific purpose of voicechatting, thus it got used for that. Discord tricks u to believe it is way more then this (like the whole social-stuff) so its easy to mistake ppl beeing shown as "online" (due to easier use within browser) with the actual "users".
And by doing this it actually kinda killed TS (but without really replacing it for me).

The only real upsides on Discord are the easy use (no need to install something) and the connection to gamechat. The second could be brought back with Dynmap (as it allready is actually), so the first one is the only real good point it got above TS for me.

And afterall... The voting is ~50/50 for switching/staying (counting "no preference" as "dont need a change"). That does not justify a switch to a new thing when it annoyes half of the ppl imho.

But as Fin allready concluded the TS is kinda dead anyway for the sake of a Discord "test phase".